Advice for AP Physics B Test in May

In summary, the conversation is about taking the Physics B test in May and asking for advice from someone who has taken it before. The person gives general advice on time management and shares their experience of the test being easy and curved. They also suggest studying for the multiple choice section and being familiar with equations. Finally, they mention that the test includes conceptual problems about forces and charge.
dav2008
Gold Member
Hey...Im taking the Physics B test in May and I was wondering if anyone that has taken it has any advice...Just general advice on time management or how you thought the test was (easy, hard?)

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Physics news on Phys.org
I remember thinking I had totally screwed it up, but actually doing well. They curve those things so that 50% is a 3, right?

Last year the AP B was very easy. Don't stress too much about it but make sure that you are prepared. Study up for the multiple choice a bunch, as the written problems were totall gimmes! They like problems about forces with strings (i.e. three blocks connected by different strings, you pull them, what's the forces in each string, etc...) and other problems similar to this. The multiple choice also seemed to be a large excercise in seeing how many E&M eqn's you could remember. I'd definitely be fresh on these, as the problems are very straight foward and easy if you just know which eqn to apply. Also they seem to like conceptual problems with charge, ie you have a charged ball, you bring it close to another, put them in a metal cage, cut holes in the middle, etc... You'll do fine. Good Luck!

1. What are the key topics to focus on for the AP Physics B test?

The key topics to focus on for the AP Physics B test are mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, and thermodynamics. It is important to have a strong understanding of these topics and how they relate to each other in order to do well on the test.

2. How should I prepare for the AP Physics B test?

To prepare for the AP Physics B test, it is important to review all of the key topics and concepts covered in the course. This can include studying notes, practice problems, and past exams. It is also helpful to review any labs or experiments that were conducted in class.

3. Are there any specific test-taking strategies for the AP Physics B test?

Yes, it is important to read the questions carefully and fully understand what is being asked. It can also be helpful to work through problems step by step and show all of your work. Additionally, make sure to manage your time effectively and prioritize difficult questions.

4. What resources are available to help me prepare for the AP Physics B test?

There are many resources available to help you prepare for the AP Physics B test, such as review books, online practice tests, and study guides. Your teacher may also provide extra review materials or hold review sessions before the test.

5. How can I stay calm and focused during the AP Physics B test?

Before the test, make sure to get a good night's sleep and eat a healthy breakfast. During the test, take deep breaths and pace yourself. If you encounter a difficult problem, move on and come back to it later. Remember to trust in your preparation and do your best.