Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Infraction!

Sherlock

Jan 28, 2012
I've received a 5-point infraction for using a "useless title".

I acknowledge that the title I've used wasn't very descriptive, but I think handing infractions for things like that is very harsh. An infraction is next to banning in the ladder of things to do about users failing to comply with forum rules, isn't it? I know it might be viewed as a trivial reminder of sorts from the staff's perspective, but I don't know if anyone at the receiving end would view it as such.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I've received a 5-point infraction for using a "useless title".

I acknowledge that the title I've used wasn't very descriptive, but I think handing infractions for things like that is very harsh. An infraction is next to banning in the ladder of things to do about users failing to comply with forum rules, isn't it? I know it might be viewed as a trivial reminder of sorts from the staff's perspective, but I don't know if anyone at the receiving end would view it as such.
Hi Sherlock,

After reviewing your "infraction history" I don't see that you received a warning before the infraction, which is customary. It takes a quite a few infractions to result in temporary ban, but a warning should have been given first unless the thread title was egregiously bad. Since I can't see what the original thread title was I will give you the benefit of the doubt and reverse the infraction. In place I'll issue you a warning, which carries no points.

You're always welcome to give your feedback in the open forums but I think it could be better sometimes to write the moderator who issued the infraction directly so things don't get too ugly in front of everyone :)

Anyway, I'll go ahead and reverse the infraction now and issue the warning so be ready for that PM. If you have any more questions or comments please let me know.

Jameson