Information Twin , loss Paradox?

In summary, the conversation discusses the effects of time and space on observations made through a powerful telescope placed on a moving craft. It brings up questions about the deterioration of images, the impact of approaching light speed, and the role of intervening space in nullifying time evolutions. Ultimately, the conversation ends with unanswered questions and confusion over the concept of being in two different locations simultaneously.
Wave's_Hand_Particle
Information "Twin", loss Paradox?

Lets say I have a powerful telescope that can resolve focus instantly, I place a precission mirror at a Earth location, and I am with the telescope onboard a craft that can accelerate to a great speed. At the back of the craft I line up the telescope to interject with the mirror, and observe my image, 'looking through telescope'.

Craft departs at speed.

1)Does my image deteriate or remain constant?

2)If craft is approaching light speed, does the mirror-image reflect a younger me?

3)Does the intervening expanding space between Earth and Craft nullify Time evolutions for all light-paths that transpire to cross between 'Relative frames'.

4)Can it be shown that observation remains time dependant, at all times even up to infinity?

5)Are the Earth and Craft 'bound' by a path integral function that does not decay at either locations?

Physics news on Phys.org
Number '2' is quite tricky!..being that I am at "two" different locations, and by fact that my image is static in relation to the accelerated "craft"!

I was going to try to answer your questions, but unfortunately I only understand half of what you're saying, so the answers I can give you won't be very helpful:

1. The light will be redshifted.
2. Every mirror does that, even the one in your bathroom.
3-5. I don't really understand the questions.

Last edited:

Related to Information Twin , loss Paradox?

What is the Information Twin Loss Paradox?

The Information Twin Loss Paradox is a thought experiment that explores the concept of information loss in black holes. It suggests that when an object falls into a black hole, the information about that object is lost forever, violating the law of conservation of information.

What is the significance of the Information Twin Loss Paradox?

The Information Twin Loss Paradox challenges our understanding of the laws of physics and the concept of information preservation. It also has implications for our understanding of the universe and the nature of reality.

Is the Information Twin Loss Paradox a real phenomenon or just a thought experiment?

Currently, the Information Twin Loss Paradox is still a theoretical concept and has not been directly observed in real life. However, it is based on established theories and has sparked important debates and research in the scientific community.

How do scientists explain the paradox?

There are several proposed explanations for the Information Twin Loss Paradox, including the holographic principle, which suggests that information is not lost but rather encoded on the surface of the black hole, and the firewall hypothesis, which suggests that the event horizon of a black hole is actually a firewall that destroys any information that enters it.

Are there any potential solutions to the Information Twin Loss Paradox?

Many scientists are currently working on finding a solution to the Information Twin Loss Paradox, with some proposing new theories and others conducting experiments to test existing theories. However, as of now, there is no definitive solution to the paradox and it remains a topic of ongoing research and debate in the scientific community.