Inflation of singularity at moment of evaporation?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea of black holes and the singularity problem. The participants discuss different theories and models, such as torsion-based models and loop quantum gravity, that attempt to solve this problem. They also bring up the concept of Hawking Radiation and how it affects black holes, particularly mini black holes. The conversation ends with a question about the effect of a Kerr-Newman black hole on Hawking Radiation.
jks067
I have had an idea kicking around in my head for some time now. It all started last summer when I was kayaking down a river and I had stopped in an eddy to relax for a moment. The rate of flow of the water was strong enough to make sizable vortices along the eddy fence around the boulder that was creating the eddy in which I was resting. These vortices reminded me of the similar way in which spacetime is curved into a singularity. Long story short; black holes have been on my mind for almost a year now. I have progressed my understanding through the formation and into the evaporation of the singularity. The fact that some matter/information is lost during the evaporation perplexes me. This does not make sense to me. My suspicion is that when the mass of the singularity reaches a point in which it no longer exceeds the Tolman-Oppenheimer-Volkoff limit the singularity becomes unstable and the remaining mass, which would have been converted to energy by the force of infinite gravity, inflates into a new dimension/universe. This is just an idea of mine. Any input and discussion would be appreciated.

Space news on Phys.org
The singularity problem is largely resolved by LQG. Not that it is a particular attractive, solution, but, a good starting point. The extra dimensions thing appears to be unnecessary background noise, IMO.

Chronos, how does LQG solve the singularity problem?

I do not feel that LQG correctly solves for a singularity. I have not been able to find a concrete solution that could anyway. I would like to see how it does. As far as I can tell, through quantum mechanics, it could be possible for a singularity to inflate into its own dimension. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikodem_Popławski

The link above is in regards to the Poplawski. He is a cosmologist that wrote a torsion based model of a universe inside every black hole. Although I personally do not agree with his model it may interest you.

His model has two problems I have read counter papers about.
1) it does not explain early large structure formation.
2) Does not explain the CMB homogeneous and isotropic measurements.

There are a number of approaches in LQG that are singularity free - e.g.,
A no-singularity scenario in loop quantum gravity, http://arxiv.org/abs/1206.5765

Mordred- I have seen his stuff before and I do not agree with his work either. Thank you for your reply, however.

Chronos- Thank you for the link. It looks most interesting.

Perhaps the spin of a singularity can exceed its gravimetric attraction (at the edge of rotation) making the singularity 'evaporate'? - mini black holes

Actually, an event horizon cannot spin fast enough to overcome the gravity of its singularity. It can, however, flatten out to become a Kerr-Newman black hole.

Then its Hawking Radiation?

So supposely Hawking Radiation is responsible for the evaporation in mini-blackhole.?
How would a Kerr-Newman black hole affect this?

Related to Inflation of singularity at moment of evaporation?

1. What is the inflation of singularity at moment of evaporation?

The inflation of singularity at moment of evaporation refers to the rapid expansion of the universe at the very early stages of its formation, known as the inflationary epoch. This expansion was driven by a hypothetical field called the inflaton, and lasted for a very short period of time before the universe continued to expand at a slower rate.

2. What is the role of inflation in the evolution of the universe?

Inflation plays a crucial role in the evolution of the universe. It is believed to have smoothed out irregularities in the early universe, resulting in a more uniform distribution of matter and energy. This allowed for the formation of the large-scale structures we see in the universe today, such as galaxies and galaxy clusters.

3. How does inflation relate to the singularity at the moment of evaporation?

Inflation is thought to have occurred during the same period of time as the singularity at the moment of evaporation. The singularity is a hypothetical point of infinite density and temperature that marks the beginning of the universe. Inflation is believed to have stretched the universe beyond the size of the singularity, setting the stage for the subsequent evolution of the universe.

4. What evidence do we have for the inflation of singularity at moment of evaporation?

One of the main pieces of evidence for inflation is the observation of the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation. This is the leftover heat and radiation from the early universe, and it appears to be very uniform in all directions. Inflation provides an explanation for this uniformity, as it would have smoothed out any irregularities in the universe.

5. Are there any alternative theories to explain the inflation of singularity at moment of evaporation?

While inflation is the most widely accepted theory to explain the rapid expansion of the universe, there are some alternative theories that have been proposed. These include the ekpyrotic theory, which suggests that the universe was created by the collision of two branes (higher-dimensional objects), and the cyclic model, which proposes that the universe undergoes a series of expansions and contractions. However, these theories are still being studied and do not have as much supporting evidence as inflation.