Zoobie's Lead Butt: A Blessing in Disguise?

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lead
In summary: I've ever known. In summary, Zoobie seems to have a rather serious LEAD BUTT problem! She can't seem to jump up onto anything that doesn't have material that she can claw her way up on! It actually may be a blessing, as it allows our two OLD kitties to escape her 'high activity kitten' periods. Zoobie is just a little hellion, too. She chases the other two cats all over the house. She's very tiny, but she has serious kitten claws that have REALLY gotten under the skin (so to speak) of our 'Grumpy Old Men' :wink: She keeps us laughing as she lo
Tsu
Gold Member
Zoobie seems to have a rather serious LEAD BUTT problem! She can't seem to jump up onto anything that doesn't have material that she can claw her way up on! (It actually may be a blessing, as it allows our two OLD kitties to escape her 'high activity kitten' periods).

Does anyone else have a cat that can't jump? She moves like a normal kitten in all other respects. She just can't seem to get her butt off the ground without her claws. (OH BOY! New furniture soon!)

Physics news on Phys.org
Must be the shoes-the ZOOBYSHOES

Thank you, thank you- I'll be here all week.

ummm k. let's forget I said that...

Originally posted by Zantra
Must be the shoes-the ZOOBYSHOES

Thank you, thank you- I'll be here all week.

ummm k. let's forget I said that...
Don't quit your day job!
OK. Now pay attention. NO SHOES! If she had shoes on she would not be able to claw her way up things - like my furniture, bedspread, Ivan's feet... (Your namesake is extracting our revenge FOR us, Zooby! ) She really is the sweetest kitten. I just love her to death. She has the scruffiest fur, tho. It feels like steel wool for glass. (We call her our Little Brillo Pad. ) When you pick her up to snuggle (she can't JUMP up into my lap, remember), she gets to purring so hard she drools all over herself and ME. I guess I give good Zoobie Face! She's just a little hellion, too. She chases the other two cats all over the house. She's very tiny, but she has serious kitten claws that have REALLY gotten under the skin (so to speak) of our 'Grumpy Old Men' :wink: She keeps us laughing as she looses wrestling matches with Christmas bows. Her little lead butt does give her an advantage in sitting up, though. She's very good at it.

I had a 20 yr old cat who became a 5 yr old lad anytime food was involved. He would sling his paws at anything that moved or looked edible, and practically jump into the refrigerator.

All the other cats are good at jumping too, only one has some trouble in winter.. in summer she is this slim lady who goes out hunting for rodents, but in winter.. she balloons out to this round ball of fur her head is indistinguishable from the rest of her body..

My other cat was angry at me today.. she wasn't allowed to help herself to some slices of melon wrapped in raw ham that were lying on the table.. if looks could kill

And I've got this other cat who is just adorable, an american breed, he is HUGE! He stretches out and wraps his arms around your neck and hugs you..

Originally posted by Monique
I had a 20 yr old cat who became a 5 yr old lad anytime food was involved. He would sling his paws at anything that moved or looked edible, and practically jump into the refrigerator.

All the other cats are good at jumping too, only one has some trouble in winter.. in summer she is this slim lady who goes out hunting for rodents, but in winter.. she balloons out to this round ball of fur her head is indistinguishable from the rest of her body..

My other cat was angry at me today.. she wasn't allowed to help herself to some slices of melon wrapped in raw ham that were lying on the table.. if looks could kill

And I've got this other cat who is just adorable, an american breed, he is HUGE! He stretches out and wraps his arms around your neck and hugs you..
PARMA ham? *sigh* (drools like Zoobie)

Does anyone else have a cat that can't jump?

Mine's the exact opposite. She jumps sooo high that she's able to actually reach the top of my cupboards, and my ceiling is a sort of layer of styrofoam-like thing, so from there, she pushes up the ceiling and goes up. Then she'll explore the ceiling and go from room to room until she comes crashing down when the styrofoam doesn't support her weight.

I was once unlucky enough to be under a styrofoam board when it fell. That was a good bowl of soup too...

Originally posted by Tsunami
PARMA ham? *sigh* (drools like Zoobie)
Prosciutto

Originally posted by Monique
Prosciutto
Even BETTER, IMO! *sigh* (drools like Ivan)
Oh oh! Zoobie is lonely. I hear her crying. I must excuse myself. LATER!

"Bun the 1st" used to hold and squeeze my hand with her little paws while I fell asleep.

all together now: Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

One of our cats, our best buddy "Einstein", refuses to wait until someone gets up to feed him. First he runs his cold nose up and down your cheek, and if that doesn't wake you up, you get his upper, front left [pointy] tooth, right in the forehead, over and over until you wake up. Guests included.

Last edited:
Ya know, I just KNEW if I posted something about her problem, Murphy's Law would prevail - and sure enough, she has actually JUMPED! This morning she finally lifted her little lead butt a whole foot from the sofa arm to the window sill. It TOOK her about two minutes of dancing around on the sofa arm trying to work up enough ovarian fortitude to actually make the leap! She's so dang CUTE! On the downside, she HAS, however, become a serious destructo-kitty! There are tiny pieces of dead maple leaf ALL OVER MY KITCHEN FLOOR THIS MORNING!

1. What is "Zoobie's Lead Butt: A Blessing in Disguise?"

"Zoobie's Lead Butt: A Blessing in Disguise" is a fictional story about a young zebra named Zoobie who is born with a lead butt. The story follows Zoobie's journey as he discovers the unique abilities and challenges that come with his condition.

2. Is Zoobie's lead butt scientifically possible?

As a scientist, I can say that while lead is a heavy metal and can be toxic to animals, it is highly unlikely for a zebra or any other animal to be born with a lead butt. However, the concept of a unique physical trait or mutation is not uncommon in the animal kingdom.

3. What are some of the challenges Zoobie faces because of his lead butt?

Zoobie's lead butt makes it difficult for him to run and keep up with the other zebras. It also makes him sink easily in water, making swimming a challenge. Additionally, his lead butt can be dangerous if he accidentally sits on smaller animals or objects.

4. What are some of the benefits of Zoobie's lead butt?

Zoobie's lead butt also has some unique benefits. It makes him more resilient and less likely to be injured by predators. It also allows him to carry heavy objects with ease and gives him a strong kick, making him a valuable member of his herd.

5. What is the message or lesson of "Zoobie's Lead Butt: A Blessing in Disguise?"

The story teaches readers to embrace their differences and see them as strengths rather than weaknesses. It also highlights the importance of acceptance and inclusion in a community, as Zoobie's herd learns to appreciate and value his unique abilities.