Exploring Life After the Accident: A Spontaneous Journey

In summary, the conversation revolves around the user "Werdas" who has suffered a major head injury that has affected their memory and emotional state. They are enjoying the forum and sharing their experiences with other users. They also express their interest in posting a question about ghost stories, to which another user suggests going to the Skepticism and Debunking forum. The conversation ends with Werdas being welcomed by other users and expressing their love and appreciation for being a part of the community.
Werdatothewise
'splaing to do...

I don't know if I am coming or going. But, I am not leaving the forum. I just said, "Good-bye" earlier. <shrug>

I am enjoying this forum, the posts, the reads and topics. (Greg? You can keep the $25.00 fee) I have to tell you (those reading this) that I am a very SPONTANEOUS person. I worked the high educational "schooling" and now I am just kicking back, playing on the 'puter, gardening, and bugging the heck out of "BOULDERHEAD" FOR his picture, and a copy of his VISA GOLD CARD. {Thus so far, no luck!} The crumb! :biggrin:

Yeah, yeah, I took my PICS and previous postings down. <shrug> I can tell you that I can be very nice but moody person at times -- but, I do have a good reason. I don't mind telling you... and if you want to know ... read on... if not, click this off. But, PLEASE never flick me off... I cry too easy. I do.

Okay, here goes! A few years back, I was hit in an automobile accident by three teenagers drag races. My Ford Econoline van was hit with such force by all three vehicles that my van was reshaped into the shape of a "V". I am told I went through the front windshield - landing on the pavement. Making this story (which is long) short, short, I suffered major internal head damage. The major damage cannot be seen, as I have lost most of my memory of "who" I use to be. I am told I "was" a very talented Professor in the Liberal Arts, and English Lit. Departments at a major university. I also knew how to speak and write Greek and Latin - so I am told. (Now, there are days I struggle with the English language.)

I pray that "someday" I will return to who I once was. But, for now, I spend my energy on what I enjoy. I know I can be VERY GIDDY, overly spontaneous with a wild sense of wording. So, if my postings ever pis* you off -- please excuse me. I only am who I am now.

~Werdas

Now then, can I post a question regarding, "Ghost Stories?"

Physics news on Phys.org
I have conversed extensively with a couple of guys on another forum who suffered severe head trauma, and with another woman who had a big brain tumor and subsequent surgery. Their descriptions of how this has altered their sensory imput is unbelievable, not to mention the memory problems.

I would imagine that, like them, you are plagued by constant simple partial seizures that distort various senses.

It's no wonder you would feel emotional extremes.

Anyway, for ghost stories go to the Skepticism and Debunking forum.

Werdatothewise said:
I don't know if I am coming or going. But, I am not leaving the forum. I just said, "Good-bye" earlier. <shrug>

I am enjoying this forum, the posts, the reads and topics. (Greg? You can keep the $25.00 fee) I have to tell you (those reading this) that I am a very SPONTANEOUS person. I worked the high educational "schooling" and now I am just kicking back, playing on the 'puter, gardening, and bugging the heck out of "BOULDERHEAD" FOR his picture, and a copy of his VISA GOLD CARD. {Thus so far, no luck!} The crumb! :biggrin:

Yeah, yeah, I took my PICS and previous postings down. <shrug> I can tell you that I can be very nice but moody person at times -- but, I do have a good reason. I don't mind telling you... and if you want to know ... read on... if not, click this off. But, PLEASE never flick me off... I cry too easy. I do.

Okay, here goes! A few years back, I was hit in an automobile accident by three teenagers drag races. My Ford Econoline van was hit with such force by all three vehicles that my van was reshaped into the shape of a "V". I am told I went through the front windshield - landing on the pavement. Making this story (which is long) short, short, I suffered major internal head damage. The major damage cannot be seen, as I have lost most of my memory of "who" I use to be. I am told I "was" a very talented Professor in the Liberal Arts, and English Lit. Departments at a major university. I also knew how to speak and write Greek and Latin - so I am told. (Now, there are days I struggle with the English language.)

I pray that "someday" I will return to who I once was. But, for now, I spend my energy on what I enjoy. I know I can be VERY GIDDY, overly spontaneous with a wild sense of wording. So, if my postings ever pis* you off -- please excuse me. I only am who I am now.

~Werdas

Now then, can I post a question regarding, "Ghost Stories?"
y0u really hAd a reAlly traUmatic experience,
You should go have your head checked...

Head Check

Pattielli said:
y0u really hAd a reAlly traUmatic experience,
You should go have your head checked...

~ My head has been checked many, many times. :surprise:

Hello ~Werdas~
We have already discussed this by PM so no need for me to comment here as you already know my best wishes are with you. Just to show that you're not the only one capable of giddiness and spontaneity, here I am;

http://www.funsilly.com/funnyfaces/AN474.gif

:rofl:

Werdatothewise, you fit in here perfectly. :approve: You'll find a lot of good people here. Hope you plan to stay around. :smile:

I do not have going through a windshield to blame in my own case.

Evo said:
Werdatothewise, you fit in here perfectly. :approve: You'll find a lot of good people here. Hope you plan to stay around. :smile:

EVO! You dear sweetie lady! You just brought tears to my eyes, and I love you for that sweet comment! GOD BLESS YOU! ~Werdas

BoulderHead said:
Hello ~Werdas~
We have already discussed this by PM so no need for me to comment here as you already know my best wishes are with you. Just to show that you're not the only one capable of giddiness and spontaneity, here I am;

http://www.funsilly.com/funnyfaces/AN474.gif

:rofl:

Boulder ~ What a delightful pic of YOU! :surprise:

Evo said:
Werdatothewise, you fit in here perfectly. :approve:
Yes! You DO! :wink:

You'll find a lot of good people here.
That would be US! :smile:

Hope you plan to stay around. :smile:
Me, TOO! :biggrin:

Well, what a surprise! My Evil (Evo) Twin and I agree! :surprise: :biggrin:

Tsunami said:
Yes! You DO! :wink:

That would be US! :smile:

Me, TOO! :biggrin:

Well, what a surprise! My Evil (Evo) Twin and I agree! :surprise: :biggrin:

Tsunami, have you ever hear of sub-lingual messages through different avenues? I have a particular tape that helps put me to sleep at night. In particulars, parts of the tape help the person listening to a moderator who helps that listener relax. "... you are going deeper and deeper, your anxiety is flowing out of your fingers in the form of a thick orange liquid..." Tsunami, you and Evo have no idea what your words of kindness have meant to me. Boulder also has been a comfort in means of friendship, and his analogies make me think harder, and a few others from the forum who have privately e-mailed me. BUT, when hearing "one has a place" it is giving me a turning home, and a place to start. Already a few pieces of my life are coming back to me in a large burg because of your kindness, and reading some intelligent, spontaneous talk. BLESSING to you, others, and Tsunami, (and your E'Ville Twin) for I believe I have come to a place by the guidance of GOD to help rid my head of my maladies. With Love, ~Werdas

Werdtothewise, you can become part of my e-family. Evo is my PF mom, Tsu is my PF aunt (which makes Ivan Seeking my reluctant PF uncle). What would you like to be?? Another Aunt space open or I'm sure we can dig some family place up for you!

I do agree to rules and regs of the "FAMILY". Can I be the "QUEEN-MUM :rofl: ?" My youngest son called me a "Queen" for giving him $20.00 for gas for his car the other day... haha

jimmy p said:
Werdtothewise, you can become part of my e-family. Evo is my PF mom, Tsu is my PF aunt (which makes Ivan Seeking my reluctant PF uncle). What would you like to be?? Another Aunt space open or I'm sure we can dig some family place up for you!

:grumpy:

Reason for face: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=292464#post292464 scroll up a bit. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Wow! That's a really traumatic experience! I'm sure mood swings are the least of your troubles. It's hard to even try to imagine not being able to remember who you used to be.

Though, now I'm wondering just what Evo meant when saying you fit in perfectly...does that mean we all are a little erratic in our behavior? Or that we act a bit brain damaged? Ha ha ha. But, seriously, I hadn't noticed anything unusual in your posts. Does your struggle with language primarily appear in spoken words or in writing as well? Perhaps we don't see that because you can take your time composing a post here, so we don't know if you got stuck on a word somewhere.

What's this about ghost stories?

Werdatothewise said:
Boulder ~ What a delightful pic of YOU! :surprise:
Well it's not my best side, but at least you get the general idea! :redface:

Say, as long as we're discussing family... my diaper needs changing. :biggrin:

I suppose I fit in because of my formable geek status, and my ability to hang on a ledge and tell a joke, laugh at myself, yet knowing danger can only be a hand release, yet I go for the thrill.

As for ghost stories, I enjoy the "unknown"...something I can't figure out...yet it feeds into my soul the thought of an ability that I possibly could. Make sense?

... thinking I may open up a "new forum" ... "it happened to me..." :surprise:

~Werdas'

BoulderHead

Well it's not my best side, but at least you get the general idea!

Say, as long as we're discussing family... my diaper needs changing.

Dear Boulderhead,
I only walk on an off-beaten track... therefore, your better side needs to be posted if I even would consider a change on your underside.

~Werdas'

BoulderHead said:
Well it's not my best side, but at least you get the general idea! :redface:

Say, as long as we're discussing family... my diaper needs changing. :biggrin:

Eurgh! :yuck: poo-poo diaper... and you have been sitting there on the computer while you pooed yourself... bet its all squidgy...

Youz Guyz iz busten my b...

1. What is the main concept behind "Exploring Life After the Accident: A Spontaneous Journey"?

The main concept of this book is to explore the journey of life after experiencing a traumatic accident. It delves into the physical, emotional, and psychological effects of such an event, and how one can navigate through them to find meaning and purpose in life.

2. Is this book based on real-life experiences?

Yes, this book is based on the personal experiences of the author, as well as interviews and research on individuals who have gone through similar experiences. It offers a unique and intimate perspective on the journey of life after an accident.

3. What makes this book different from others about life after an accident?

Unlike other books that focus on the medical and physical aspects of an accident, this book delves into the emotional and psychological aspects of the journey. It offers a raw and honest account of the challenges and triumphs one may face in rebuilding their life after such a traumatic event.

4. How can this book be helpful for someone who has gone through an accident?

This book can offer validation and understanding to those who have gone through a similar experience. It provides insights and strategies on how to cope with the aftermath of an accident and find a new sense of purpose and direction in life. It can also serve as a source of hope and inspiration for those who may feel lost and struggling to move forward.

5. Is this book suitable for anyone to read, even if they haven't experienced an accident?

Yes, this book can be beneficial for anyone to read as it offers valuable insights into the human experience and resilience in the face of adversity. It can also increase awareness and empathy towards those who have gone through traumatic events and provide a better understanding of their journey.