Inductor voltage calculation in time.

In summary, the voltage across the inductor increases as the current increases and decreases as the current decreases, and the starting voltage is determined by the inductance and the rate of change of current just before the switch is closed.
amiras

Homework Statement

This image gives all variables.
00334.png

Homework Equations

Lets say that until second 1 the circuit was as it is. And and from 1 to 5 sec switch turned up, then from 5-6 turned down. Help me to calculate inductor voltage at these time intervals.
Please explain to me how to calculate voltage.

The Attempt at a Solution

I calculated the currents at those time intervals

t=1(sec), I = 2 A
t=5, I= 7.16 A
t=6, I=6,54 A

If i would try to draw a graph does voltage would go down all the time? And how to calculate the starting voltage?

Physics news on Phys.org
To calculate the voltage across the inductor at any given time, you need to use the equation for the voltage across an inductor: V = L * dI/dt. The starting voltage is the voltage across the inductor just before the switch is closed (the initial current through the inductor is zero). At t=1 sec, the rate of change of current is 2 A/sec and the inductance is 0.2 H, so the voltage across the inductor is 0.4 V. At t=5 sec, the rate of change of current is 7.16 A/sec and the inductance is still 0.2 H, so the voltage across the inductor is 1.432 V. At t=6 sec, the rate of change of current is 6.54 A/sec and the inductance is still 0.2 H, so the voltage across the inductor is 1.308 V.

Related to Inductor voltage calculation in time.

What is an inductor?

An inductor is a passive electronic component that stores energy in the form of a magnetic field. It is typically made up of a coil of wire that resists changes in the flow of electrical current.

How is voltage calculated in an inductor over time?

The voltage across an inductor is calculated using the formula V = L di/dt, where V is the voltage in volts, L is the inductance in henries, and di/dt is the rate of change of current in amperes per second.

What factors affect the voltage in an inductor over time?

The voltage in an inductor is affected by the inductance value, the rate of change of current, and the frequency of the current passing through it. Other factors such as the resistance of the inductor and external magnetic fields may also impact the voltage.

Why is it important to calculate the voltage in an inductor over time?

Calculating the voltage in an inductor over time is important for understanding the behavior of electronic circuits, especially in AC circuits. It can also help in designing and troubleshooting circuits to ensure they function properly.

What are some practical applications of inductor voltage calculation in time?

Inductor voltage calculation in time is used in various applications such as power supplies, filters, and oscillators. It is also important in the design of electronic devices such as speakers, motors, and generators.