Brew a Cup of Healthy Ginger Tea - Try the Real Deal!

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, ginger broth is made by grinding a piece of root ginger, boiling it in water, and drinking it. Ginger is also healthy, and can be called broth if it is not steeped in hot water.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I wonder, did anyone ever try making ginger tea? Real one! Buy root ginger in the store, grind a piece, boil in water for a while, it just tastes sooo good :)

Not much hassle at all, what I've heard ginger is very healthy..

Physics news on Phys.org
Isn't a bit slack calling it tea? I mean, what's tea got to do with it? If I grind a chicken up and let it sit in some hot water, is that then chicken tea?

On the other hand, I'm not sure what you would call it.

Jonathan

Good point! Let's then call it ginger broth, anyone had that? :wink:

*edit* all of a sudden it doesn't look that tasty anymore..

Originally posted by jono
Isn't a bit slack calling it tea? I mean, what's tea got to do with it? If I grind a chicken up and let it sit in some hot water, is that then chicken tea?

so soup = chicken tea...

I still don't think we're quite there M;

Main Entry: broth
Pronunciation: 'broth
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural broths /'broths, 'bro[th]z/
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German brod broth, Old English brEowan to brew
Date: before 12th century

1 : liquid in which meat, fish, cereal grains, or vegetables have been cooked : STOCK
2 : a fluid culture medium

Any other ideas?

How about this:Main Entry: in·fuse
Pronunciation: in-'fyüz
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): in·fused; in·fus·ing
Etymology: Middle English, to pour in, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French infuser, from Latin infusus, past participle of infundere to pour in, from in- + fundere to pour -- more at FOUND
Date: 1526
1 a : to cause to be permeated with something (as a principle or quality) that alters usually for the better <infuse the team with confidence> b : INTRODUCE, INSINUATE <a new spirit was infused into American art -- Amer. Guide Series: N.Y.>
2 : INSPIRE, ANIMATE <the sense of purpose that infuses scientific research>
3 : to steep in liquid (as water) without boiling so as to extract the soluble constituents or principles

Ginger Infusion.

Sounds tasty. :smile:

Jonathan

Never made ginger tea, but that is the first step I do for making sweet and sour pork!

Maybe I'll try a sip - before I add the pork.

Njorl

Originally posted by jono

On the other hand, I'm not sure what you would call it.

Jonathan
Let's call it a Chicken fluid culture medium!

Originally posted by Njorl
Never made ginger tea, but that is the first step I do for making sweet and sour pork!

Maybe I'll try a sip - before I add the pork.

Njorl
Interesting.. it needs to be relatively strong though to get the required *kick*, add a little sugar to taste :P

ginger infusion sounds like some wacky coctail!

ginger tea is excellent for upset tummies...

Originally posted by Kerrie
ginger tea is excellent for upset tummies...

I use mint tea for that...

I like ginger beer ( REAL ginger ale) ...

but the best drink I can think of is Hemp Seed Milk - yum!

1. What are the health benefits of drinking ginger tea?

Ginger tea has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, improve digestion, boost the immune system, and may even help with nausea and motion sickness.

2. How do I make ginger tea?

To make ginger tea, start by peeling and grating a small piece of fresh ginger. Then, bring a pot of water to a boil and add the grated ginger. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes before straining the tea into a cup. You can add honey or lemon for added flavor.

3. Can I drink ginger tea every day?

Yes, ginger tea is safe to drink every day. However, it is important to note that excessive consumption of ginger may cause stomach upset or interfere with certain medications.

4. Can I use ginger powder instead of fresh ginger?

Yes, you can use ginger powder to make ginger tea. Simply add 1 teaspoon of ginger powder to a cup of boiling water and let it steep for 5-10 minutes before straining.

5. Is ginger tea safe for pregnant women?

While ginger tea is generally considered safe for pregnant women, it is always best to consult with your doctor before consuming it. Some studies suggest that ginger may help with nausea during pregnancy, but it is important to consume it in moderation.