Incorporation of ZnO2 into Polyaniline: XRD Issues

In summary, the conversation discusses the incorporation of ZnO2 in the matrix of polyaniline through a reaction with Dodecyl benezene sulphonic acid and aniline. However, after using XRD, the exact peaks of ZnO2 in the composite are not present. The possibility of the ZnO2 simply being dispersed in the polymer and not actually reacting is mentioned, as well as the question of whether Zinc Peroxide was used instead.
avantika
i have reacted zno2 wth Dodecyl benezene sulphonic acid and aniline for the incorporation of zno2 in the matrix of polyaniline.after xrd i m nt getting the exact peaks of zno2 in my composite..can u tell me why? is it forming any complex or wat?

please reply soon its urgent

Thanks

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Are you certain a reaction has actually occurred?

Perhaps the [tex]ZnO_2[/tex] has merely been dispersed into the polymer, and not actually reacted.

Also, are you sure you are using [tex]ZnO_2[/tex] and not [tex]ZnO[/tex]? (I didn't know there was a [tex]ZnO_2[/tex] -.-)

clustro said:
Also, are you sure you are using [tex]ZnO_2[/tex] and not [tex]ZnO[/tex]? (I didn't know there was a [tex]ZnO_2[/tex] -.-)

There is; Zinc Peroxide. The oxidation number of oxygen should be -1 in this compound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_peroxide

Related to Incorporation of ZnO2 into Polyaniline: XRD Issues

1. What is the purpose of incorporating ZnO2 into Polyaniline?

The purpose of incorporating ZnO2 into Polyaniline is to improve the electrical, mechanical, and thermal properties of Polyaniline. ZnO2 is known for its high thermal stability and electrical conductivity, which can enhance the overall performance of Polyaniline in various applications.

2. How is ZnO2 incorporated into Polyaniline?

ZnO2 can be incorporated into Polyaniline through various methods such as in-situ polymerization, solution mixing, and mechanical blending. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages, and the appropriate method should be chosen based on the desired properties and application of the composite material.

3. What is XRD and why is it important in the incorporation of ZnO2 into Polyaniline?

XRD stands for X-ray diffraction, which is a technique used to determine the crystal structure and phase composition of a material. It is important in the incorporation of ZnO2 into Polyaniline because it can provide information on the crystal structure and phase behavior of the composite material, which can help in understanding the properties and performance of the material.

4. What are the common XRD issues encountered in the incorporation of ZnO2 into Polyaniline?

Some of the common XRD issues encountered in the incorporation of ZnO2 into Polyaniline include peak broadening, peak shifting, and peak overlapping. These issues can be caused by factors such as particle size, crystal structure, and preferred orientation of the ZnO2 nanoparticles, which can affect the accuracy and reliability of the XRD results.

5. How can XRD issues be overcome in the incorporation of ZnO2 into Polyaniline?

XRD issues can be overcome by carefully selecting the sample preparation method, optimizing the experimental conditions, and using advanced techniques such as high-resolution XRD and synchrotron XRD. Additionally, comparing the XRD results with other characterization techniques, such as SEM and TEM, can also help in verifying the accuracy of the XRD data.