In my experiment on transformers, the data showed

In summary, the conversation is about an experiment conducted on a transformer with two tightly wrapped coils using AC currents. The experimenter measured the voltage with varying distances between the two coils, using an iron core and an air core. The results showed a linear relationship between distance and voltage with the iron core, but an inverse function with the air core. The experimenter is curious about the implications of this for wireless charging and seeks clarification from an expert.
Chezz42
So I did an experiment a this week on the relationship between two tightly wrapped coils with same length and number of coils in a transformer. This was in a compete circuit using AC currents. I measured the Voltage, keeping the currents the same. One experiment had an iron core between the two coils and I varied the distance between the two coils and got a linear relationship. When I used an air core, the relationship between distance and voltage became and inverse function. I don't understand why.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hello Chezz, and :welcome:

Aren't your notes or textbook supposed to help you in this ? No background amterial anywherer in sight ? This experiment does have a context, though, I suppose ?

Well, I did this experiment on my own and was wondering about how wireless charging works. I think i figured out myself, but thanks for dropping by to help.

Kudos for this initiative to find out ! I think you're on the right track. Closeness of sender and receiver and high frequencies are key in wireless charging I think, but I'm no expert. Let's ask @CWatters :smile: !

Related to In my experiment on transformers, the data showed

1. What is the purpose of using transformers in your experiment?

The purpose of using transformers in my experiment is to study the behavior and performance of these devices in converting electrical energy from one circuit to another.

2. How did you collect the data for your experiment on transformers?

I collected the data for my experiment using various measuring tools such as voltmeters, ammeters, and wattmeters. These instruments allowed me to accurately measure the input and output voltages, currents, and power of the transformers.

3. What factors did you consider when analyzing the data from your experiment on transformers?

When analyzing the data from my experiment on transformers, I considered factors such as the type of transformer, the input voltage and current, the load on the secondary circuit, and the efficiency of the transformer.

4. What were the major findings from your experiment on transformers?

The major findings from my experiment on transformers include the relationship between the input and output voltages and currents, the effect of different loads on the performance of the transformer, and the efficiency of the device at different input voltages.

5. How can your experiment on transformers contribute to the field of science?

My experiment on transformers can contribute to the field of science by providing valuable insights into the behavior and performance of these devices. The data and findings from this experiment can help in improving the design and efficiency of transformers, which are widely used in various electrical systems and industries.