Impulse and momentum of a golf ball

In summary, Rocio hit a 0.058kg golf ball with a force of 272N, giving it a velocity of 62.0m/s. It is unknown how long Rocio's club was in contact with the ball. Additionally, a force of 186N acted on a 7.3kg bowling ball for 0.40s. The bowling ball's change in momentum and change in velocity are unknown. The speaker is seeking help with understanding concepts related to momentum, impulse, and Newton's second law after missing class due to illness.
jskim092
Rocio strikes a 0.058kg golf ball with a force of 272N and gives it a velocity of 62.0m/s. How long was Rocio's club in contact with the ball?

A force of 186N acts on a 7.3kg bowling ball for .40s. What is the bowling ball's change in momentum? What is its change in velocity?

Sorry, I was sick and didn't come to school for some time, missed the whole unit of impulse and momentum. My teacher left me with a TON of make-up assignments, and they're really hard for me. Please help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Tell me how much you already know about momentum and impulse (and Newton's second law too).

Related to Impulse and momentum of a golf ball

What is impulse and momentum?

Impulse and momentum are both physical quantities that are used to describe the motion of an object. Momentum is the product of an object's mass and velocity, while impulse is the change in momentum over time.

How do you calculate the impulse of a golf ball?

The impulse of a golf ball can be calculated by multiplying the average force applied to the ball by the time it takes to change the ball's momentum. This can be represented by the formula: Impulse = Force x Time.

What factors affect the impulse and momentum of a golf ball?

The impulse and momentum of a golf ball can be affected by a number of factors, including the force applied by the club, the velocity of the club and ball, the mass of the ball, and the angle at which the ball is struck.

Why is understanding impulse and momentum important in golf?

Understanding impulse and momentum in golf is important because it can help golfers improve their swing and distance. By understanding how these quantities affect the motion of the ball, golfers can make adjustments to their swing to achieve the desired results.

How does air resistance affect the impulse and momentum of a golf ball?

Air resistance can have a significant impact on the impulse and momentum of a golf ball. As the ball travels through the air, it experiences a force in the opposite direction of its motion, which can decrease its momentum and distance traveled.