Improving and standardizing user trophies

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Greg has standardized and categorized the user trophies along with added color icons for each. Some requirements were also tweaks and a few new trophies were added. A trophy tab is also added in each member's profile page. Enjoy!
I'm currently going through the user trophies to standardize and categorize. I haven't finished, so don't expect it to be settled, I got to get some lunch :D

I'll update here when finished with what is new.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Physics news on Phys.org
enjoy your lunch ! And thanks for a belated 5 year membership bonus* -- or is that a newly established traditional trophy ?

*) It was also already included in the one I got on January 17

BvU said:
enjoy your lunch ! And thanks for a belated 5 year membership bonus* -- or is that a newly established traditional trophy ?

*) It was also already included in the one I got on January 17
There used to be the "Einstein award" for a combination of posts, likes, and membership time. I would have received it two weeks from now ...

Orodruin said:
There used to be the "Einstein award" for a combination of posts, likes, and membership time. I would have received it two weeks from now ...
There are 3 "Lifetime Achievement" trophies now. Done in 5min.

Ok I have standardized and categorized the user trophies along with added color icons for each. Some requirements were also tweaks and a few new trophies were added. A trophy tab is also added in each member's profile page. Enjoy!

Likes Wrichik Basu
Did the points change? Most people on the top list seem to have fewer ...
Knowing that I am going to regret this but ... Only @mfb should have this award and I seem to have it ...

Orodruin said:
Did the points change? Most people on the top list seem to have fewer ...
Yeah some pts changed. The trophies cron needs to update again.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Ok I have standardized and categorized the user trophies along with added color icons for each. Some requirements were also tweaks and a few new trophies were added. A trophy tab is also added in each member's profile page. Enjoy!
You're such a hard worker Greg. Thank you for you're work commitment. :bow:

Likes BvU and Greg Bernhardt
The 1000 videos trophy has been removed too.

Hats off to your enthusiasm, Greg!

It now says "You've earned 1 out of 1 trophies in this category." in all categories with progression.

"Lifetime achievements" (likes, posts, years) are not organized as progression.

There is a link to "Workshop reply master level 1" but then the page tells me I don't have permission to view it.

mfb said:
It now says "You've earned 1 out of 1 trophies in this category." in all categories with progression.
Here is what posting activity shows for me. Not for you?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Nope.
Untitled.jpeg

All my "First Responder" trophies are gone (50+ points!):H:cry:! Does this mean the First Responder category is removed entirely?
Edit: I guess it is removed entirely since I couldn't find it in the trophy list.
Also, I noticed one "hidden trophy" in the list. What is that for? (I know one has to earn it to know its details :-p but what is the idea behind it?)

Last edited:
cnh1995 said:
All my "First Responder" trophies are gone (50+ points!):H:cry:! Does this mean the First Responder category is removed entirely?
It almost put me below 1000 points! :nb)

Yes it is gone.

DrClaude said:
Nope.
Your trophy page will always show the highest you achieved. The trophy help page is what shows the progression. How does that look?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Your trophy page will always show the highest you achieved. The trophy help page is what shows the progression. How does that look?
That looks ok. It always difficult for me to find my list of trophies.

By the way, I am missing the Academic Institution Member trophy :smile:

DrClaude said:
By the way, I am missing the Academic Institution Member trophy :smile:
Detects .edu email ;)

Greg Bernhardt said:
Detects .edu email ;)
How typically Americanocentric 😉

• Haha
Likes Tom.G and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:

View attachment 242801
This page I mean

trophies.png

Orodruin said:
It almost put me below 1000 points! :nb)
You would be below 1000 without the 8000 likes trophy you got incorrectly :p.
We also both got the 25 video uploads trophy without uploading 25 videos.

Hey, you'll be here for 5 years in a few days!

mfb said:
You would be below 1000 without the 8000 likes trophy you got incorrectly :p.
I see it as a closed time-like curve anomaly. 😄
I will get there eventually. On the other hand, I should be getting a few more points on Monday, which would legitimately put me above 1k anyway.

Related to Improving and standardizing user trophies

1. How do user trophies improve the overall user experience?

User trophies provide a sense of achievement and recognition for users, making them feel more engaged and motivated to continue using the product or service. They also add a fun and competitive element to the user experience, encouraging users to explore different features and engage with the platform more.

2. How can user trophies be standardized across different platforms?

Standardizing user trophies involves creating a consistent set of guidelines and criteria for earning each trophy. This can include specific actions or milestones that must be achieved, as well as design and naming conventions. Regular review and updates to these guidelines can help ensure consistency across platforms.

3. What are some potential challenges in implementing user trophies?

One challenge could be determining the appropriate balance between making trophies too easy or too difficult to earn. Additionally, there may be technical limitations in tracking and awarding trophies, especially if they are being implemented across multiple platforms.

4. How can user trophies be used to drive specific behaviors or actions?

User trophies can be strategically designed to incentivize users to perform certain actions or behaviors that align with the goals of the platform. For example, a trophy could be awarded for completing a certain number of tasks or for consistently using a particular feature.

5. Are there any ethical considerations when implementing user trophies?

Yes, there are ethical considerations to keep in mind when implementing user trophies. It is important to ensure that the criteria for earning trophies are fair and not discriminatory. Additionally, the use of user trophies should not exploit or manipulate users, but rather enhance their experience in a positive and meaningful way.