Important and Legal Responsibility of Working Safely

• Thread starter LatexZone
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Important
In summary: That's really good advice.Most people would just say "I'll try Google" or "I'll ask my supervisor" instead.That's really good advice.Most people would just say "I'll try Google" or "I'll ask my supervisor" instead.
LatexZone
Hello,

Could someone please elaborate and possibly, be specific about the Importannce and Legal Responsibility of Working Safely in a lab are?

Also, could you please explain to me the importance of working accurately and how accuracy can be ensured in the techniques used.

My above questions are substantially relevant to the Chemistry side of things.

I just need to know a little more and hopefully you have the information.

Thanks!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Possibly in a higher level school to be precise.

I have this so far:

Working accurately in an experiment provides the following advantages:

1. Greatly decreases the chance of error in an experiment
2. Provides greater opportunity of producing the same expected results
3. Knowledge can only be gained from proven and accurate results

But could you please explain both of my questions in further detail?

Thanks again.

Sounds like you want us to write a paper for you...

Sorry? Did I say that? I am quite capable of doing my own work thank you very much, heh..

All I am asking for is some views on importancy and legal responsibility of working safely.

Also some description on working accurately and how accuracy can be ensured in the techniques used...is there a problem?

Does anyone know any information?

Thanks!

SurgicalTeach said:
I have this so far:

Working accurately in an experiment provides the following advantages:

1. Greatly decreases the chance of error in an experiment
2. Provides greater opportunity of producing the same expected results
3. Knowledge can only be gained from proven and accurate results

But could you please explain both of my questions in further detail?

Thanks again.

Well, I googled your thread title, and got some good hits (the first hit is your thread here, obviously). I refined the search a bit by adding +Chemistry after your thread title, and got a better hit list:

http://www.google.com/search?source...l+Responsibility+of+Working+Safely++chemistry

There should be some good information in there for your paper.

Which one of those links would you think are most useful?

Why not chech each one out for yourself? After all, you know best what you are looking for.

Nvm, worked it out myself anyway. Don't need no references nor help from you people..what's the point in the forum if you're not going to help? If you guys don't know the answer, then admit it..everyones not perfect, I have already acknowledged that, ehehe..

SurgicalTeach said:
Nvm, worked it out myself anyway. Don't need no references nor help from you people..what's the point in the forum if you're not going to help? If you guys don't know the answer, then admit it..everyones not perfect, I have already acknowledged that, ehehe..

Because if you get spoon-fed the answers, and don't learn how to figrure things our for yourself, then we really haven't helped you. That's why we have a Homework Help Template in the HH forums, for example. To make it clear to students that they should be doing the research and attempting the problem, not just looking for answers from a web forum.

SurgicalTeach said:
what's the point in the forum if you're not going to help?

Actually berkeman helped you enormously. You have worked it out.

I would have to agree with Borek. Berkeman did your Google search for you and even refined it!

I'd be a bit embarrassed to complain about it...

Last edited:
Err..but I used none of the links he provided and therefore, didn't help me .. :\

Yes he did. He nudged you in the direction of actually starting the work.

SurgicalTeach said:
Err..but I used none of the links he provided and therefore, didn't help me .. :\

It doesn't matter whether I helped you or not. The good news is that you did it on your own, which is what matters in our professions. We all need to learn how to do the best job we can, and that usually involves a lot of self-motivation and research on our own, and then maybe asking for some help from others.

When I was relatively new at the company where I've been for a long time now, I ended up having to ask very experienced engineers questions in order to figure out problems that I was running into in my own designs, or to figure out pretty complex support questions coming in from customers. I still remember one time that I approached a very senior (extremely bright, but somewhat offish) software engineer with a question... He said to me, "I'll answer your question this time straight-away, but in the future, I expect you to have done your homework before you ask me a question. Look in the KDB, search through the support database, check the databook and app notes for relevant information, and read through any applicable EPRs (engineering problem reports). Often, that will answer the problem anyway. But if that reading doesn't answer the question, I'm happy to address it, and provide some tutorial thoughts about the issue at that point."

Kind of an arrogant stance, eh? But you know what? He was 100% right. That helped me to learn how to learn, and to understand that people's time is valuable. Do some research on your own time first, and then if you aren't able to figure something out, go ahead and ask for help from folks who have a lot more experience in the field. That's good for both of you -- you learn more and maybe figure it out on your own, and it keeps the questions to the more experienced person (by you and dozens of others) much more efficient and on-point.

Related to Important and Legal Responsibility of Working Safely

1. What are the consequences of not working safely?

If an employee does not work safely, it can result in injuries or accidents in the workplace, which can lead to legal action being taken against the employer. Additionally, not working safely can also negatively impact the company's reputation and financial stability.

2. How does an employer ensure their employees are working safely?

An employer can ensure their employees are working safely by providing proper training on safety protocols and procedures, regularly conducting safety audits and inspections, and enforcing consequences for not following safety guidelines. Employers should also provide proper safety equipment and resources for their employees.

3. What are some important safety regulations that employers must follow?

Employers must follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, which include providing a safe and healthy workplace, properly training employees, and keeping records of injuries and accidents. Employers must also follow any industry-specific safety regulations.

4. What are the responsibilities of employees in terms of working safely?

Employees have a responsibility to follow all safety protocols and procedures set by their employer. They should also report any safety hazards or concerns to their supervisor and use all provided safety equipment properly. Employees should also participate in safety training and follow proper safety practices at all times.

5. What should an employee do if they feel their workplace is not safe?

If an employee feels their workplace is not safe, they should first report it to their supervisor or HR department. If the issue is not addressed, they can file a complaint with OSHA. Employees also have the right to refuse to work in unsafe conditions, but should first discuss their concerns with their employer.