What is the Meaning of Life for the Universe?

• Thread starter chosenone
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the conversation discusses different perspectives on the meaning of life. Some believe that life has a set meaning that we must discover, while others question if there is any purpose at all. The idea is brought up that perhaps we are just part of God's existence, and that our purpose is to be the meaning of life for others in their own universes. However, the idea is also challenged that life is just a game for God to pass the time, and that it is not a very entertaining or fulfilling one.
many gods

that is out of topic but i don't like god.

the meaning of life, i didn't say i was right.
-> everything happens for a reason.
we are here for a reason. we are on a journey. and through this journey, we will stumble upon obstacles and bad things. and we have to overcome them instead of falling into them. which way you choose, will be your destiny.

if i go on more, something bad will happen so i will stop here.

Physics news on Phys.org
If jesus where alive I'm sure he doesn't like god either.he's suppose to justify to poeple,God evil and atocities that he does to poeple.and is suppose to buy it himself,and try to sell it to poeple,saying he has a plan and it will work out.some times that's not good enough for poeple.

I agree there can't be any evil if God is good and infinite, the idea of a Good God and a the idea of a victim contradict each other on both an intellectual level and on an emotional level. Both can not exist. The events we call "bad" are simply events that have been allowed to occur because certain lessons needed to be learnt. A mother allows her young child to scrap its knee because the child would not learn anything if it was magically caught each time he or she tripped. The child would not learn cause and effect. To learn we have to be allowed to experience the results of our actions. A scrapped knee is not the end of the world and neither was the holocaust. No one spiritually “died” in the holocaust, in fact its my belief that many of those that physically died then are living in Israel today. By the way, the existence of Israel today of is a direct result of the holocaust, those that died in the holocaust would not have been the first to die for the sake their homeland.
This universe is a school and we are here to learn. As I believe emotion is the substance of reality, we are here to learn the nature of emotion and how to control and use it.
I agree emotion may turn out to be just one aspect of reality but for me, it is reality’s touch stone. To be conscious of ones emotions is to be conscious of one’s inner self, one’s spiritual self. It is to be conscious of spirit.

in the universw the exists what is called the mindscape.it means all things that exist already exist and you only become aware of them.anything there is that you can know ,understand,build have a theory about,already exist your just not aware of it.the meaning of life is in the pursuit of finding the thing that exist in all infinity that there is to become aware of.

"There's way to much information to decode the matrix" -Cipher

The meaning of life is dependent on the exact meaning of the question.
The meaning that is most commonly sought after is- how should I live my life?
The answer is dependent on the person. Do you want to be a politician or a musician? Essentially the answer is to pursue your dreams, the actually obtainment or accomplishment of you dreams isn't as important as the journey.
This is my own experience, I remember myself being the happiest when pursuing a dream, not actually catching one, although some dreams come true and this encourages us. The sad thing for me to see is people who have given up and desire nothing more in life than to watch it go by vicariously on the comfort of their couch. Do you remember when you were happiest?

Originally posted by jammieg
"There's way to much information to decode the matrix" -Cipher

hmm.. you had to mention it so don't kill me if i do.

that is a diffrent story though the philosophy has very much a lot of things to do with the natural order of life. i am talking about the matrix but i won't because i know what will happen.

like i said before, everything does happen for a reason and we choose our reason of life. and if we allow fate to control us, it will.

the meaning of life,is to pursue finding what the meaning of life is,whether we find it or not,whether it exists or not whether there will every be a answer accepted by man as the offical answer to the question, or it stays personal believe,we will not stop until we find it.or we die trying.which is the point!

TRUE MEANING OF LIFE = "not dead"

Correction:

meaning of life = the property of things which are not dead

From the thread, https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=609" ...

Originally posted by Iacchus32

The mystery is that which lies within. And yet the mystery is none other than the essence which gives rise to form. Whereas all mysteries are pretty much one and the same, in that they lead to the one true mystery, The Mystery of Life ...
From the thread, https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=611" ...

Originally posted by Iacchus32

Knowledge is the form (external). Wisdom is the essence (internal).

What point is knowledge? if it doesn't exist to serve wisdom?

Which is more important? The (external) facts? Or, the (internal) experience which leads to the facts?

Is it only knowledge that we seek? (physical evidence). Or, do we seek "context" (and the essence within).

Can life be sustained outside of context? outside of a form designed to suit it? which has not been corrupted or breeched?

What point is a dead corpse? without a spirit or essence to move it?

What point is a dead (physical) universe? without a Divine Essence to set it in motion?

What is an (external) effect without a (internal) cause?

What point is knowledge? if it doesn't exist to serve wisdom? ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dissident Dan
Correction:

meaning of life = the property of things which are not dead
Correction to the Correction:

meaning of life = the condition of things which are not dead

Life is a condition of a being. Death is also a condition of a being.
The being will retain its properties - just in a different condition.

Originally posted by Messiah
Correction to the Correction:

meaning of life = the condition of things which are not dead

Life is a condition of a being. Death is also a condition of a being.
The being will retain its properties - just in a different condition.

Correction to the correction of the correction :

The meaning of life cannot be the condition of things which are not dead. That is the defintion of "life" itself.

It's meaning is one of properties of it.

I know.the meaning of life is to give up ever thinking you'll get a answer,and find something else to do with your time.

The meaning of life is the meaning you GIVE it!

CAN YOU GIVE IT A GOOD ONE?

chosenone...

The meaning of life is the meaning I give it via my ACTIONS.

If my life is about "being of service" -- and I take actions consistent with that -- then "being of service" is part of the meaning of MY life.

If my life is about philosphical and scientific inquirey -- and I take actions consistent with that -- then the meaning of my life INCLUDES intellectual inquiry.

If my life is about "family" ... or "academic study" ...or "stealing cars" ...or "making music" ...then the meaning of my life includes these things.

What is the meaning of YOUR life?

HINT: I draw your attention to my "signature"...

...and the meaning of life for the Universe might be "simply" to have ANOTHER Experience ...and, maybe, to evolve .