IF north pole becomes the south pole....

In summary, if the north pole of Earth became the south pole and the south became the north, the climate would change, but the location of the Magnetic North Pole would not change.
DrStupid said:
Or about re-arranging everything else too or something between. The OP is about flipping the entire Earth. Flipping the crust only is some kind of light version of this topic.

can't really see that occurring, the rotation of the outer core, the mantle and crust are intimately tied together

if you seriously are proposing that possibility, I would like to see some links to professional papers
As far as I'm aware from my university studies, here is no evidence that it has occurred to the Earth in the past
unlike the stacks of evidence for a flipping magnetic fieldDave

Physics news on Phys.org
davenn said:
if you seriously are proposing that possibility, I would like to see some links to professional papers

There is no reason to expect the existence of professional papers for every exotic hypothetical event. It doesn't violate the known laws of physics. Therefore it is possible.

davenn said:
here is no evidence that it has occurred to the Earth in the past

A single example is no basis for a reliable statistic. And if you extend it to all rocky planets of the solar system you need to consider that 25 % of them are at least partially flipped. I do not see how the possibility of a total flip could be excluded on the basis of such data.

If we are talking about the magnetic poles, as far as I know, nothing would happen since both the poles are equally powerful, and they are virtually indistinguishable from each other. So, if the poles were interchanged, there would no effect on Earth.