Ideas about the eye sicknesses

• Thread starter sitokinin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Eye Ideas
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of eye sicknesses, specifically the maximum pressure for veins in the eye sphere. The speaker asks for clarification on the term "eye sphere" and suggests that it may refer to the eyeball. They also mention glaucoma and the role of intraocular pressure in eye exams. Additional information and resources on elevated intraocular pressure and ocular hypertension are provided.
sitokinin
I have some ideas about the eye sicknesses. But, I couldn't find the maximum pressure for veins that are in eye sphere for STP. What do you think?

Biology news on Phys.org
I have no idea what you mean. What do you mean by an eye sphere? Are you asking about glaucoma, where pressure in the eye is increased above normal? That's not due to pressure in veins (or arterioles for that matter either).

I suspect "eye sphere" = eyeball. Literal translation in some non-English languages.

"The intraocular pressure (IOP), an important part of any eye exam, is measured with a special instrument called a tonometer. The IOP is determined by a balance of the eye’s production and drainage of aqueous (the clear fluid inside the eye) from the anterior chamber into the trabecular meshwork. If the IOP is elevated, it can cause pressure within the eye to increase and damage the optic nerve." from http://www.stlukeseye.com/eyeq/IOP.asp

For information on elevated intraocular pressure or ocular hypertension, see - http://www.eye-directory.com/eye_health/conditions/ocular_hypertension.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean ''eyeball''

Related to Ideas about the eye sicknesses

1. What are some common eye sicknesses?

Some common eye sicknesses include pink eye, cataracts, glaucoma, dry eye syndrome, and age-related macular degeneration.

2. What are the symptoms of eye sicknesses?

The symptoms of eye sicknesses can vary depending on the specific condition, but some common symptoms include redness, itching, pain, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, and changes in vision.

3. What causes eye sicknesses?

Eye sicknesses can have various causes, including infections, injuries, genetics, aging, and underlying health conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure.

4. How are eye sicknesses diagnosed?

Eye sicknesses are typically diagnosed through a comprehensive eye exam, which may include visual acuity tests, dilated eye exams, imaging tests, and other specialized tests depending on the suspected condition.

5. Can eye sicknesses be prevented?

Some eye sicknesses can be prevented by practicing good eye hygiene, wearing protective eyewear, and maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle. Regular eye exams can also help detect and prevent potential eye sicknesses.