Idea for electronics engineering company

In summary: Id=11 In summary, if you want to start your own electronics engineering company, you should focus on learning about microcontrollers (uCs), prototyping projects, and finding promising growth markets for your products.
david90
I would like to start my own electronics engineering company in the future but have no idea what it will make :smile: . If you were to start your own electronics engineering company, what would your company be about?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Generally, startups are formed by people who have an idea that is from their background, and which has a good chance of succeeding in the market. So you should look to your own interests and training background for ideas, and then look at the potential markets for those ideas.

If you are still in training (like still in school), you can look at potential growth markets, and tune your education and initial work areas towards those promising areas. For example, biomedical engineering has some very promising areas for new products, and homeland security will grow a lot over the next decade or so.

What areas of study or industry interest you the most?

right now I'm comfortable with microcontrols, electronics and computers. I'd like to do RF but its hard. lol

david90 said:
right now I'm comfortable with microcontrols, electronics and computers. I'd like to do RF but its hard. lol
If you mean microcontrollers (uCs), then I'd suggest that you get a uC kit board and start prototyping various projects. Like, build a stepper motor controller or a Fourier analyzer or something. Write the uC code in C or assembly (or both), and make some real-world thing to get more familiar with the process of creating a new product. Then, once you've made something simple, think of some more complex uC project, and add in some of your circuit design skills to make something cool. Then keep brainstorming other projects, and build up the ones that interest you the most. Here's Microchip's website with PIC uC demo board info:

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=82

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Idea for electronics engineering company

What is an electronics engineering company?

An electronics engineering company is a business that specializes in the design, development, and manufacturing of electronic devices, systems, and components. These companies often work in various industries such as consumer electronics, medical devices, automotive, and telecommunications.

What services does an electronics engineering company offer?

An electronics engineering company offers a wide range of services, including product design and development, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing. They may also provide services such as consulting, project management, and technical support for their clients.

What industries do electronics engineering companies typically work in?

Electronics engineering companies can work in a variety of industries, including consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace, medical devices, telecommunications, and more. They may also work with both private companies and government agencies.

What are the key skills and expertise required to start an electronics engineering company?

To start an electronics engineering company, one must have a strong foundation in electrical engineering principles and knowledge of electronic components and systems. Other necessary skills include project management, problem-solving, and communication skills.

How can an electronics engineering company benefit businesses and individuals?

An electronics engineering company can benefit businesses and individuals by providing innovative and high-quality electronic solutions that can improve efficiency, productivity, and convenience. They can also assist with the development of new products and technologies, which can lead to growth and success for businesses.