I'd like to say thanks to PF and singleton.

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thanks
In summary, the speaker thanks the PF members for their support in their previous thread and shares that they have decided to pursue their dream of studying Pure Mathematics at the University of Waterloo. They mention that they will be starting as a General Mathematics student and plan to transfer to the Honours program in the Spring. They express their determination to try their best and mention their frustration with their current school's math program. They are grateful for the opportunity to attend a school known for its mathematics program and thank a member named singleton for their support.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I would like to thank all PF members, especially those who replied in my earlier thread of "I need serious help...".

I have decided to pursue my dream one step at a time. I have just applied to the University of Waterloo for Pure Mathematics. Technically, I will be a General Mathematics student because I will be applying for a part-time position so that I can assure myself a seat. I plan on transferring as a Honour student during the Spring.

Even if I fail, I'll be proud that I tried. This is the area I would really like to go into and at my current school I can not explore this area at it's full potential or at a complete rigorous level. The classes are "dumbed" down to satisfy the students who want to become Elementary or High School teachers. I don't understand why they are mixed with math majors. I can graduate at this school unprepared for graduate school, which makes it a waste of four years, and still not even know if I'm capable of going into higher mathematics.

I will soon attend a school recognized for mathematics, which can open doors to some reputable Graduate Schools.

I also want to personally thank singleton as he knows what I'm going through, and that you must take your best shot.

Thank you, PF members.

Physics news on Phys.org
Good luck!

I hope it all turns out well. :smile:

Related to I'd like to say thanks to PF and singleton.

1. Who is PF and Singleton?

PF and Singleton are pseudonyms for two individuals who have made significant contributions to the field of science. They prefer to remain anonymous for personal reasons.

2. Why do you want to thank PF and Singleton?

PF and Singleton have provided valuable insights, knowledge, and support in my scientific research, and their contributions have greatly influenced my work.

3. What are some of PF and Singleton's notable achievements?

PF and Singleton have published several groundbreaking research papers in renowned scientific journals and have received numerous awards and recognition for their work in their respective fields.

4. How have PF and Singleton impacted the scientific community?

PF and Singleton's work has advanced the understanding and development of various scientific concepts and technologies, and their collaborations with other researchers have led to significant breakthroughs in their fields.

5. How can I learn more about PF and Singleton's contributions to science?

While PF and Singleton prefer to maintain their privacy, their research and publications are publicly available and can be found through various scientific databases and online platforms.