IBM's invitation to use its quantum computer

In summary, IBM has opened up their quantum computer for online registration through their "IBM Quantum Experience" website. However, interested users must first convince IBM of their worthiness. This news also resolves the question of whether quantum computing is real, and there is a possibility of merging this development with a similar thread in Quantum Physics. The registration process seems exclusive, but one user was able to get approved after submitting their proposal on the day of the announcement.
gleem
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
You can now register with IBM to use their quantum computer on line. see “IBM Quantum Experience” website. Of course you have to convince them that you are worthy of that experience.

Likes 1oldman2
Technology news on Phys.org
gleem said:
You can now register with IBM to use their quantum computer on line. see “IBM Quantum Experience” website. Of course you have to convince them that you are worthy of that experience.
My first thoughts on seeing the announcement in BBC news was about the thread "is quantum computing real". guess that question is answered now.
Quantum Physics has a similar thread running, perhaps this thread should be merged.

Last edited:
Not sure how exclusive the club is, but I wrote my proposal the day they announced it and I got approved today.

Likes Borg, Pepper Mint and 1oldman2

Related to IBM's invitation to use its quantum computer

1. What is IBM's invitation to use its quantum computer?

IBM has developed a quantum computer called the IBM Q System One, which is currently the most powerful quantum computer publicly available. They are inviting scientists, researchers, and developers to use this machine to explore the potential of quantum computing and develop new applications.

2. Who can apply for the invitation to use IBM's quantum computer?

The invitation is open to anyone who is interested in quantum computing and has a project that can benefit from using the IBM Q System One. This includes scientists, researchers, developers, and students.

3. How can I apply for the invitation to use IBM's quantum computer?

To apply, you can visit IBM's website and fill out the application form. This form will ask for information about your project, your background in quantum computing, and your goals for using the quantum computer. IBM will review your application and inform you if you have been selected.

4. What are the requirements for using IBM's quantum computer?

To use the IBM Q System One, you will need a basic understanding of quantum computing and access to a programming language like Qiskit. You will also need to submit a proposal outlining your project and how it can benefit from using the quantum computer.

5. Is there a cost to use IBM's quantum computer?

Currently, there is no cost to use the IBM Q System One. However, there may be costs associated with running your experiments on the quantum computer, such as data storage fees. IBM also offers a premium subscription service for those who require more computing power and support.