IBM T43 Laptop Sale - Watch Movies, 256MB or 512MB RAM?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laptop
In summary: DIt has also been compiled for the win32 arch... Its not a bad product and will play anything but remember u will need to install all the codex as well for it to work :D
Pengwuino
Gold Member
http://www-131.ibm.com/content/home/store_LNV_PublicUSA/en_US/sale/sale_SOTS05_t43.html

They got a sale going :) I want a t43 I guess :)

The one thing I'm wondering though is it if will allow me to hook up to my tv to watch movies from my laptop.

I'm also confused as to why its 5.12lb but has a travel weight of 4.7. Does it have its own anti-gravity field? Figures, its IBM. On Demand anti-gravity.

I was also wondering if I should just stick to 256MB of ram and pop in another 512 stick :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
http://www-131.ibm.com/content/home/store_LNV_PublicUSA/en_US/sale/sale_SOTS05_t43.html

They got a sale going :) I want a t43 I guess :)

The one thing I'm wondering though is it if will allow me to hook up to my tv to watch movies from my laptop.

You mean you want to watch movies on your tv from your laptop? because you can already watch movies in your laptop if you have a dvd drive.

I'm also confused as to why its 5.12lb but has a travel weight of 4.7. Does it
have its own anti-gravity field? Figures, its IBM. On Demand anti-gravity.

Must be 5.12lb with batteries

I was also wondering if I should just stick to 256MB of ram and pop in another 512 stick :)

256 will be slow. Get a minimum of 512 mb

Last edited by a moderator:

I want to watch my movies on my 40" television, not my 14" monitor :P

And I know 256 will be slow, that's why I'm wondering how hard it would be to toss in another 512 stick. I assume they wouldn't use 2x128mb and take up both slots...

Nice brand slow laptop ;-)

Anttech said:
Nice brand slow laptop ;-)

Well $1500 is really pushing it as far as what I want to pay :approve:

And as long as it can play DVD's and full screen quicktime movies (which I am finding requires a hell of a lot of computing power), I'm happy.

for $1500 ditch the branding and get something else less well know with more power :-)

Anyway if u are happy I am happy :-)

Like what, no one seems to give any decent suggestions except $3000 laptops or mac crap :)

Quicktime is horrible for playing movies on Windows. You're better off with Windows media player or VLC media player

Last edited:
The_Professional said:
Quicktime is horrible for playing movies on Windows. You're better off with Windows media player.

Yah too bad WMP doesn't play .movs :(

This damn computer has a P4 3.0ghz 800mhz 1gb corsair pc3200 low lat... fx5950 ultra vid card, SB Audigy 2ZS Pro... and this 1080i or whatever trailer i downlaoded really started to test my system...

I got that T43 laptop though just now :P 1.83ghz Pentium M, 533mhz, 512MB ram, 60gb 7200rpm :)

Now I can bring it to class with me and be one of those laptop a'holes with laptops.

Pengwuino said:
Yah too bad WMP doesn't play .movs :(

Get Mplayer. Plays EVERYTHING. Much faster and more lightweight than WMP or quicktime. I can run about 15 instances of mplayer playing the same file simultaneously before i notice a performance change.

franznietzsche said:
Get Mplayer. Plays EVERYTHING. Much faster and more lightweight than WMP or quicktime. I can run about 15 instances of mplayer playing the same file simultaneously before i notice a performance change.

Why didn't you tell me this years ago!

Wait, this is a linux program :P Grrr! Damn you linux people!

Last edited:
Pengwuino said:
Why didn't you tell me this years ago!

Wait, this is a linux program :P Grrr! Damn you linux people!

Its open sourced not a "linux program" It has also been compiled for the win32 arch... Its not a bad product and will play anything but remember u will need to install all the codex as well for it to work

Related to IBM T43 Laptop Sale - Watch Movies, 256MB or 512MB RAM?

What is the price of the IBM T43 Laptop on sale?

The price of the IBM T43 Laptop on sale varies depending on the seller and the condition of the laptop. It is recommended to research and compare prices from different sellers to get the best deal.

What are the specifications of the IBM T43 Laptop?

The IBM T43 Laptop comes with either 256MB or 512MB of RAM, a 1.86GHz Processor, a 14.1 inch display, and a 40GB hard drive. It also has a DVD/CD-RW combo drive and runs on the Windows XP operating system.

Can I upgrade the RAM on the IBM T43 Laptop?

Yes, the RAM on the IBM T43 Laptop can be upgraded. The laptop has two RAM slots, allowing for a maximum RAM capacity of 2GB. However, it is important to check the compatibility of the RAM before upgrading.

Is the IBM T43 Laptop suitable for watching movies?

Yes, the IBM T43 Laptop is suitable for watching movies. It has a 14.1 inch display and a DVD/CD-RW combo drive, making it ideal for viewing movies. However, for a better viewing experience, it is recommended to upgrade the RAM to 512MB or higher.

Is the IBM T43 Laptop a good investment?

The answer to this question depends on your needs and budget. The IBM T43 Laptop is a reliable and durable laptop, but it is an older model and may not be able to handle more demanding tasks. It is still a good option for basic use and can be a cost-effective choice for those on a budget.

Back