Send Free SMS Worldwide with ASP Site

• Thread starter STAii
  • Start date
In summary, the first site (ASP) seems to be slow, and doesn't seem to do anything, while the second (ICQ) is faster but doesn't seem to work as well.
STAii
Hi everyone.
In the last two weeks i was trying to develop any piece of code that would send free SMS worldwide.
I unded up with an ASP site, which sends free SMS (almost) worldwide.
But ... it is still under testing, and it seems to be very slow.
Please feel free to visit it on www.brokenegg.tk[/URL] , and tell me what you think, and wether you see it too slow or it is ok.
Any comment or advice will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Edit:
Also tell me what you think of the design.
BTW, this is the thread number 1001 i think, this is strange cause the link shows this is thread number 1089, but in the forum statistics there are only 1001 threads ! (and i posted the last one i think, cause i checked the stats just after i made this thread).

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Still standing by...

It doesn't seem to do anything.

Where exactly did you face the problem ? (opening the site or actually sending the SMS ?)
There are currently lots of problems with the .TK domain servers, therefore here is the alternative link :
http://www34.brinkster.com/brokenegg/default.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
ICQ sends SMS's for free to most Australian Mobile networks (certain networks allow it, some don't.) I know they have this service world wide, but I don't know how many networks it works for overseas...

Well, ICQ supports lot of networks overseas (it supports one of the two networks of Jordan), but the problem is the limit of ICQ.
ICQ limits you to 10 SMS per day, while my system does not limit you in any person basis (but there is a system-basis limit, which will be raised each time the limit gets closer to 0 (meaning : the SMS will never expire !)).
And, ICQ needs login, my system does not need any.
But ...
ICQ is faster than my system ! (host problems i think ..)

The first site works good and it goes fast enough, but when I send my SMS I get a page that says:" Sending, please stand by...". But tht little icon of internet explorer isn't turning so I guess it doesn't work.

The second link didn't work. At least not as fast as the second.

But if you get it to work I'll be using it a lot.

When the page containing "Sending Please Wait ...", another window will pop up.
The popup is the page that actually does all the work, so you are not supposed to close that window :smile:.
After sending is over, the page containing "Sending, Please Wait ..." will automatically reload into another page.

What is "Send Free SMS Worldwide with ASP Site"?

"Send Free SMS Worldwide with ASP Site" is a website that allows users to send text messages to any phone number around the world for free. It uses ASP technology to facilitate the sending and receiving of these messages.

How does it work?

Users simply need to visit the website and enter the recipient's phone number, along with a message of their choice. The website then uses ASP technology to send the message to the recipient's phone number, and the recipient can view the message just like a regular text message.

Is it really free to send SMS worldwide?

Yes, the service is completely free for users. However, standard messaging rates may still apply for the recipient depending on their phone plan and carrier.

Are there any limitations on the number of messages I can send?

There are no limitations on the number of messages you can send. However, the website does have a fair usage policy in place to prevent abuse of the service.

Is my personal information safe when using this service?

Yes, the website takes necessary precautions to protect user's personal information. However, it is recommended to not include any sensitive information in the messages sent through this service.