I want to get tips for physics

In summary, to study physics effectively, it is important to develop an interest in the subject and be proficient in mathematics. Practicing example problems and using a good handbook can also be beneficial. For theoretical physics, Nobel laureate Gerard 't Hooft has a dedicated website. For experimental physics, one must also be skilled in electronics and have a strong curiosity about the world. A sense of humor can also be helpful. Revision and working through past exam papers can solidify understanding. It is also important to think critically about the material and ask questions during and after lectures. There is no easy trick to learning physics.
*.*.*AnUm*.*.*
Hey,

share tips with me, how can we study physics effectively ?

Thank you :)

Physics news on Phys.org
It helps tremendously if you develop an interest in the subject - look online about the topic.
You also need to like and be proficient in maths.
Practice example problems!
A good handbook is worth its weight in gold - the author inspires you.

Hehe, theoretical or experimental physics ?
Nobel laureate Gerard 't Hooft has dedicated a whole site to the first subject. You clearly have to have stamina and be tenacious, but then again: he won a Nobel prize !

For experimental physicists all of the above are required, plus you have to be handy with electronics :smile: , not be discouraged by failures, and not mind being underpaid.

Being curious how things work and what the world is made up of is a nice driving force too.

Did I mention a sense of humour ?

And as with all studies, revision drives the point home.
Work through past exam papers. It helps you to see whether you are studying correctly.

When I read the thread title I pictured someone on the street giving physics lectures for tips.

I think I've just found my new career goal.

Really though, to study physics it is important that one truly think about the material. Try getting the reading done before the lecture. This is going to help you absorb the material during lecture. You can formulate some questions ahead of time, and if these questions aren't addressed within the lecture itself, you'll have questions ready to ask. After the lecture, think about the material. Look back through your notes a couple hours after the lecture and try to explain everything to yourself again.
There's not really a 'trick' to learning it unfortunately.

Related to I want to get tips for physics

What is the best way to study physics?

The best way to study physics is by actively engaging with the material. This can include taking detailed notes, practicing problems, and discussing concepts with classmates or a tutor.

How can I improve my understanding of difficult physics concepts?

One effective way to improve understanding of difficult concepts is by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable parts. You can also try using visual aids, such as diagrams or models, to better understand the concept.

Are there any useful resources for learning physics?

There are many resources available for learning physics, such as textbooks, online lectures, and study guides. It can also be helpful to seek out additional practice problems or join a study group.

What are some common mistakes to avoid in physics?

One common mistake in physics is not fully understanding the fundamental concepts before moving on to more advanced topics. It is also important to carefully read and follow the instructions for solving problems, as well as double-checking your work for any errors.

How can I prepare for a physics exam?

To prepare for a physics exam, it is important to review your notes and practice solving problems. You can also create a study schedule and seek out additional resources, such as practice exams or study guides, to help you prepare.