I want to build spacecrafts and improve space technology. What's the best route?

In summary, the individual is currently studying A-Levels and plans to apply to university in the UK next year. They are passionate about building and designing spacecrafts and want to get involved in research to advance space travel capabilities. They are seeking advice on the best route to achieve this, with mechanical/aerospace engineering being suggested as a potential path.
Trickster_00
I'm currently studying A-Levels (Physics, Mathematics, and Further Mathematics) and will be applying to university [UK] next year.

I love the idea of building and designing spacecraft s and I want to get involved in researches/experiments that will advance our current space travel capabilities. I'm aware of the level of challenge that I'll face to even achieve that, but I'm very passionate about it. The problem is I have a very little idea on the steps that I should take.

What do you think is the best route for me to achieve that? Thanks a lot.

Physics news on Phys.org
Mechanical/Aerospace engineering would be your best bet.

Related to I want to build spacecrafts and improve space technology. What's the best route?

1. How do I become a spacecraft engineer?

To become a spacecraft engineer, you will need a strong background in science and math. Pursuing a degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field is a good starting point. It's also important to gain hands-on experience through internships or research opportunities.

2. What skills are necessary to build spacecrafts?

Some key skills needed for building spacecrafts include problem-solving, critical thinking, attention to detail, and strong technical knowledge. Additionally, communication and teamwork skills are important for collaborating with other engineers and scientists on complex projects.

3. What is the best route to take to improve space technology?

The best route to improving space technology varies depending on your specific interests and goals. Some options include pursuing a graduate degree in a relevant field, gaining experience through internships or research projects, and staying up-to-date on the latest advancements in the industry.

4. How can I stay updated on developments in the space industry?

To stay updated on developments in the space industry, you can follow reputable news sources and publications, attend conferences and events, and connect with other professionals in the field through networking opportunities. You can also consider joining professional organizations or subscribing to newsletters and journals.

5. Are there any specific areas of expertise that are in high demand in the space industry?

There are several areas of expertise that are in high demand in the space industry, including aerospace engineering, computer science and programming, data analysis, and materials science. Additionally, skills in project management, leadership, and communication are valuable for overseeing and coordinating complex projects in the space industry.