I think quantum state collapse is in contradiction with the storage of QBits

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of quantum states, specifically how a quantum state can have two possible states at once and how the number of qbits affects the number of possible outcomes in measurement. The speaker also mentions how unclear language and a misunderstanding of quantum mechanics can contribute to communication barriers. They also touch on the idea that the information in a superposition state is unknowable and how this relates to the concept of probability in quantum mechanics.
FakeWings
This is my analysis:1)quantum can have two states at one time:0 and 1.So n QBits have the volume 2^n. 2)when it's observed,the quantum state will collapse to a certain one.

So the comtradiction is evidence:the information of the 2^n Qbits disappear when I only read n Qbits from it.

Ok...if it is wrong,why?

Physics news on Phys.org
Er...Hello~~~
Is my description not clear or the question itself hard to answer? ^_^

Your description is quite poorly worded, I'm afraid no one understands what the question is. I suspect you might be confusing the number of qbits, which is n, with the number of possible outcomes of measurement on the n qubits, which is 2^n. It's combinatorics - if you have 1 qbit, measurement will yield one of 2^1 = 2 possiblities, namely 0 or 1.

Your language is not standard and contributes to the communication barrier here. "Volume" means nothing to me in this context. "...can have two states at once" is not allowable in quantum mechanics, in the usual definition of the words; e.g. a superposition state is itself a unique state.

Thanks for your comment and explanation of QM.

Rach3 said:
which is 2^n. It's combinatorics - if you have 1 qbit, measurement will yield one of 2^1 = 2 possiblities, namely 0 or 1.

a superposition state is itself a unique state.

So what you implied is the information in superposition state is absolutely unknowable.When we measure it,it just appear 0 or 1 by chance?
And this "possiblities-attribute" of QM make no contribution to the memorizer?

Related to I think quantum state collapse is in contradiction with the storage of QBits

1. What is quantum state collapse?

Quantum state collapse, also known as wave function collapse, is a phenomenon in quantum mechanics where the state of a system changes from a superposition of multiple possible states to a single state after being measured or observed.

2. How does quantum state collapse relate to QBits?

QBits, or quantum bits, are the basic units of quantum information that can exist in a superposition of 0 and 1 states. Quantum state collapse is relevant to QBits because the measurement of a QBit will result in the collapse of its state into a single 0 or 1 state.

3. Why do some people think quantum state collapse contradicts the storage of QBits?

Some people may think this because the storage of QBits relies on maintaining their superposition state, but the measurement of a QBit would result in its collapse into a single state.

4. Is there evidence to support the idea that quantum state collapse contradicts QBit storage?

There is currently no evidence to support this idea. In fact, many quantum computing technologies are able to successfully store and manipulate QBits without interference from quantum state collapse.

5. How do scientists address the issue of quantum state collapse and QBit storage?

Scientists continue to research and develop new methods for controlling and manipulating QBits in order to minimize the effects of quantum state collapse. Additionally, some theories and experiments suggest that quantum state collapse may not be as problematic for QBit storage as previously thought. Ultimately, more research and advancements in technology are needed to fully understand and address this issue.