I think it's my ignorance of not accepting that I can't do it, because

• Thread starter Mentallic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ignorance
In summary, the conversation is about a person's struggle with accepting that they may not be able to solve an equation. They ask if the equation can be solved for a variable and if not, how they can still find its value. The equation is then simplified and needs to be solved numerically.
Mentallic
Homework Helper
I think it's my ignorance of not accepting that I can't do it, because I'm almost certain that it cannot be done, yet I'm still asking.

Anyway, can this equation be solved for m?

[tex]\frac{\pi}{n+1}=cos^{-1}\left(\frac{1-m}{\sqrt{1+m^2}}\right)+\frac{(m-1)\sqrt{2m}}{1+m^2}[/tex]

If it cannot be done (which I'm almost certain will be the case), for a given n, how can I still find the value for m? Be it a numerical value if it must...

Mathematics news on Phys.org

The equation can be simplified to
[tex]
\frac{2\pi}{n+1}=\alpha-\sin\alpha
[/tex]
where
[tex]
\cos\frac{\alpha}{2}=\sqrt{\frac{2m}{1+m^2}}
[/tex]
and then has to be solved numerically.

Please check if I didn't do a mistake.

Last edited:

Related to I think it's my ignorance of not accepting that I can't do it, because

What does "I think it's my ignorance of not accepting that I can't do it" mean?

This phrase suggests that the person is struggling with accepting their limitations or inability to do something. They may be feeling frustrated or discouraged by their lack of success.

Is it common for people to struggle with accepting their limitations?

Yes, it is very common for people to have a hard time acknowledging and accepting their limitations. This can be due to societal pressures to always succeed or personal expectations that may be too high.

How can someone overcome their ignorance of not accepting their limitations?

One way to overcome this struggle is to focus on personal growth and progress rather than comparing oneself to others. It's also important to practice self-compassion and acknowledge that it's okay to have limitations.

Can ignorance be a negative thing in this situation?

Yes, ignorance can be negative if it prevents someone from recognizing and accepting their limitations. This can lead to feelings of frustration, disappointment, and even burnout.

Can someone learn to accept their limitations?

Yes, with practice and self-reflection, it is possible for someone to learn to accept their limitations. It may also be helpful to seek support from others, such as a therapist or mentor, to work through any underlying issues or beliefs that may be contributing to the struggle.