I really with these questions

• Thread starter Aditi1705
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses two questions, the first involving finding the height of a tower based on the time and velocity of two balls thrown from its top, and the second involving finding the speed of a river based on the speed of a boat crossing it in a given time and distance. The conversation offers hints for solving the problems, emphasizing the use of basic kinematics formulas and considering the shortest possible distance in the second question.
Aditi1705
I really need help with these questions...!

Question 1.
Two balls A and b are thrown with same velocity u from the top of a tower.Ball A is thrown vertically upwards and B is thrown vertically downwards.
If time of A=6s and B=2s..Find height of tower.

Question 2.
A boat having speed of 5km/hr in still water, crosses a river of width 1km along the shortest possible path in 15 minutes.Find the speed of the river in km/hr.

I've tried everything but the answers are just not coming out right..
pl help...

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll give you some hints that should be useful - then you should try working the problems.First, you need to be careful when writing out the questions. In question one you say that both balls are thrown with the "same velocity" but then contradict yourself and say that one is thrown upwards and the other downwards - you should say they are thrown with the same speed.1. You will need to use one the basic kinematics formulas to solve this question. You will have two equations - one for ball A and one for ball B and you should be able to use these to solve for the height of the tower. (Hint: You may need to use substitution or elimination.)2. If you were to row a boat across a river in stationary water what would the shortest possible distance be?

Related to I really with these questions

1. What is the purpose of asking these questions?

Asking questions allows us to gather information, gain a better understanding of a topic, and spark critical thinking. It is also a way to communicate and engage with others.

2. Why do some people struggle with answering questions?

Some people may struggle with answering questions because they lack knowledge on the topic, have difficulty organizing their thoughts, or feel intimidated or anxious in a high-pressure situation.

3. How can asking questions help in the scientific field?

Asking questions is a fundamental part of the scientific method. It allows scientists to identify problems, develop hypotheses, and gather evidence to support their theories. It also promotes collaboration and the sharing of ideas among researchers.

4. Can questions be used to challenge existing beliefs and ideas?

Absolutely. Asking thought-provoking questions can challenge our existing beliefs and ideas and encourage us to think critically and consider alternative perspectives. This is essential for growth and progress in any field, including science.

5. Are there any specific strategies for asking effective questions?

Yes, there are various strategies for asking effective questions, such as being specific, avoiding leading or biased questions, and encouraging open-ended responses. It is also important to actively listen and follow up with additional questions to clarify and deepen understanding.