Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

I need to choose my M.sc programs

Barioth

Jan 17, 2013
Hi everyone!

I need to start thinking about what program to choose for my M.sc (I need to apply before 1 may 2014). I'll have completed my undergrad in pure math by then, but I've no idea of what subject to go in!

Every graduate math program my school offer seem very interesting, engineering could be a great option even computer science seem very fun!

How did you choose your field? Any regret?

Thanks

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Hi everyone!

I need to start thinking about what program to choose for my M.sc (I need to apply before 1 may 2014). I'll have completed my undergrad in pure math by then, but I've no idea of what subject to go in!

Every graduate math program my school offer seem very interesting, engineering could be a great option even computer science seem very fun!

Thanks
You must be excited that you are finishing your undergraduate program in a year . For the undergraduate program I chose computer science I still have three years maximum to finish it ( a minor in mathematics will make the schedule busy ). So far no regrets , even though I spend lots of time reading mathematics.I think computer science is a fun subject not so complicated and beautiful .

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi everyone!

Thanks
Hi Barioth, :)

Great to hear that you are planning to do your grad studies. The way I did it was to shortlist the main fields that I like to do and apply for programs that involves those fields. Since you've got a long time to apply maybe you can search through the departmental websites and contact professors who are doing research that interests you. That way you'll have a better idea of choosing what fits you most. :)

Barioth

Jan 17, 2013
You must be excited that you are finishing your undergraduate program in a year .
heh yeah I'm very excited and happy, I decided to speed thing up by doing intensive summer class, it's finaly paying off hehe.

The way I did it was to shortlist the main fields that I like to do and apply for programs that involves those fields. Since you've got a long time to apply maybe you can search through the departmental websites and contact professors who are doing research that interests you.
That's a good idea, I'll get to it next week thanks!