I need some hints for my assignment please

• Thread starter ImagineBarons
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assignment
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for guidelines and hints for an assignment that involves simulating the flow and level of pollutant in three connected ponds. The program should be able to track the movement of the pollutant on a minute by minute basis and use def functions. The person is not looking for someone to write code, but rather provide baselines and suggestions. They also mention a link to calculations but acknowledge the complexity of the problem.
ImagineBarons
I just need some guidelines, you don't have to write code for me, I'm not looking for someone to write code for me.
briefly, for my assignment I have three ponds, which are connected with each other (like a triangle), and there's chemical spill of x liters that could start in pond 1, the rate of pollutant (chemical spill) in pond 1 is 0.125 li/min. at time t=0 all ponds will be at 0 pollutant, then it starts in pond 1, moves to pond 2, then to pond 3, then it keeps circulating, until they all reach a state of equilibrium.
the program should simulate the flow and and level of pollutant in each pond on a min by min basis.
I also have to use def functions

again, I'm not asking you to write code, but just some baselines, or hints.
I'm really desperate, so any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

here's a link to my calculations: http://imgur.com/nZ36bwu

Technology news on Phys.org
There are so many unknowns in your problem as stated that you would probably do better to consult a fairground fortune teller rather than try to do any calculations .

If you want to attempt a realistic solution then start by defining some ponds and connecting ducts with plausible geometry and dimensions .

Then identify what the driving mechanisms are going to be to make the pollutant spread from pond to pond .

Ask any questions you like but try to make them specific rather than just general .

Likes Silicon Waffle

Related to I need some hints for my assignment please

1. What is the best way to start an assignment?

The best way to start an assignment is by carefully reading and understanding the instructions and requirements. It is also helpful to brainstorm and create an outline before beginning the actual writing process.

2. Can you give me some general tips for completing an assignment?

Sure! Some general tips for completing an assignment include managing your time effectively, doing thorough research, and organizing your thoughts and ideas before writing. It is also important to proofread and edit your work before submitting it.

3. How can I find reliable sources for my assignment?

You can find reliable sources for your assignment by using reputable websites and databases, consulting academic journals and books, and utilizing the resources provided by your school or university. It is also important to critically evaluate the credibility and relevance of your sources.

4. How do I know if I am on the right track with my assignment?

The best way to know if you are on the right track with your assignment is by checking your progress against the instructions and requirements. You can also seek feedback from your instructor or peers to ensure that you are meeting the expectations and objectives of the assignment.

5. What should I do if I am struggling with my assignment?

If you are struggling with your assignment, it is important to seek help from your instructor, classmates, or a tutor. You can also try breaking down the assignment into smaller, more manageable tasks and setting aside dedicated time for each task. Don't be afraid to ask for additional clarification or guidance if needed.