I need acer mother board speck so i can wire in the usb mike port.

In summary, the computer has a built in usb port and the old case had a usb port too, but the new case has a better looking case with a usb port. The computer is slow and the video card is getting hot.
slee95
Here's the computer that i have http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=AM3100-U3201A-R&cm_mmc=geekmail-_-newarrivals_html-_-07jun08-_-AM3100-U3201A-R&AID=10445123&CJPID=4176654 and i recently took the mother board out of the acer and put it in a knew case. I have the motherboard specs for the new case i just need the specs for the acer. I need the specks to wire in the usb speaker mike hub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
That computer has (looks like it has) a USB port built in - why not use that?

That my old case i got a better looking case that also has a usb port but don't know hot to hook it up.

Damn computer needs to be cleaned its acting slow :( and i can't seem to keep my video card cool :( its at 65 c

ok Simon Bridge email me and i will email you the motherboard specs that were in my new case that i pout my acer in shawn_j_lee@hotmail.com

Oh I get you ... you unplugged the usb part when you removed the mobo from the old case and you don't remember where it came from.

I come from an age when adding new stuff to a computer means soldering irons.

The usb pins on the motherboard are labelled - and usually close to the edge.
You can tell what sort of fitting to expect by looking at the socket.

The mobo usually has it's type written on it ... it won't match the manufacturer's product name. It'll say "Gigabyte" or some brand like that ... and some numbers.

but they should plug into the usb pins the same way they did for my other usb hub?

That's right - usb is a published standard.
btw: for your own safety, remove that email from the thread - or ask a mod to do it.

Related to I need acer mother board speck so i can wire in the usb mike port.

1. What is the purpose of a motherboard?

The motherboard is the main circuit board of a computer that connects all of the components together, allowing them to communicate with each other and function as a whole system.

2. What is the specific model of your Acer motherboard?

The specific model of an Acer motherboard can vary depending on the computer model. It is typically listed on the motherboard itself or in the computer's manual.

3. How do I find the specifications of my Acer motherboard?

You can find the specifications of your Acer motherboard by looking up the model number or by using a system information tool, such as CPU-Z, which can provide detailed information about your computer's components.

4. What is the purpose of a USB microphone port on a motherboard?

The USB microphone port on a motherboard allows you to connect an external microphone to your computer, allowing for audio recording and communication.

5. Can I upgrade the USB microphone port on my Acer motherboard?

It is not possible to upgrade the USB microphone port on a motherboard, as it is a fixed component. However, you can use an external USB adapter or sound card to add additional ports to your computer.