I need a good book on Tanspot process.

In summary, the speaker is a BME undergrad struggling with a difficult transport phenomena class and is looking for a book with more examples and a solutions manual to help them better understand the subject. They mention that the book they currently have, "Transport Phenomena in Biological Systems" by Trusky, is lacking in examples and solutions. They also mention that the book is recommended by their teacher and has been reported as missing from the school library.
HappMatt
I'm a BME undergrad and am in what I and many of the people talk to agree is the hardest class they have ever taken. Its a junior level transport phenomena class for biomedical engineers. One of the problems that I think I am having is that in my opinion the book is horrible in that there are few examples and there is no solutions manual or answers in the back of the book so it is really hard to learn this stuff beside the fact that its probably a tough subject anyways. So what I want to do is find a book with a lot of examples and and a solutions manual maybe that I can use to help better understand what I am doing. The class is biotransport process, so I know a lot of chemE's and matE's take very similar courses and figure you guys might have some experience with some better books. Also just for your reference the book that I have is "Transport phenomena in biological systems" by Trusky.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I thought I posted this yesterday, but I must not have hit the post button. What I was going to say is that it must be a small world in the transport realm since that's the same book my teacher mentioned the other day when I asked this question. Sad thing is that I look online at the schools library to see if they had it and the message said that the book was missing(I wander diffused its way out of the library in someones backpack).

Related to I need a good book on Tanspot process.

1. What is Tanspot process?

Tanspot process is a scientific term used to describe the movement of substances or molecules across a membrane or barrier. This process is essential for the transport of essential nutrients and waste products in living organisms.

2. Why is it important to understand the Tanspot process?

Understanding the Tanspot process is crucial for various fields of science, including biology, chemistry, and medicine. It allows us to understand how substances are transported within and between cells, which is essential for maintaining the proper functioning of the body.

3. Can you recommend a good book on Tanspot process?

Yes, there are several excellent books on Tanspot process, such as "Cellular Transport and the Cell Cycle" by Ann Fullick and "Membrane Transport Mechanism" by Harold L. Frederick. Both books provide a comprehensive overview of the Tanspot process and its importance in various biological processes.

4. What are the key concepts to understand in the Tanspot process?

Some essential concepts to understand in the Tanspot process include diffusion, osmosis, active transport, and endocytosis/exocytosis. These processes are responsible for the movement of substances across a membrane and play a vital role in maintaining cellular homeostasis.

5. Are there any current research and developments in the Tanspot process?

Yes, there is ongoing research in the field of Tanspot process, particularly in understanding the molecular mechanisms involved and how it is affected by various diseases. Some recent developments include the discovery of new transport proteins and the use of advanced imaging techniques to study transport processes in real-time.