I need a formula how to calculate it

• MHB
  • Thread starter Abdullah Qureshi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
In summary, the bag contains 1 white ball, 6 red balls, 9 green balls, and 3 purple balls. When drawing one ball without looking, it is most likely to be a green or red ball because there are more of those colors in the bag compared to white and purple. This is a matter of probability and the idea that the more of something there is, the more likely it is to be selected.
Abdullah Qureshi
A bag has identical balls of these colors: 1 white, 6 red, 9 green, and 3 purple. Without looking, a ball is drawn from the bag. You would most likely get a

a. green ball
b. purple ball
c. red ball
d. white ball

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Beer soaked request follows.
Abdullah Qureshi said:
A bag has identical balls of these colors: 1 white, 6 red, 9 green, and 3 purple. Without looking, a ball is drawn from the bag. You would most likely get a

a. green ball
b. purple ball
c. red ball
d. white ball
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

We can't help you if we don't where you are stuck.

You title this "I need a formula to calculate this" but this is really a matter of common sense! If there were 1000 red balls and 1 white ball, and you draw one at random, what color is it most likely to be? Why? Apply that idea to this problem.

Related to I need a formula how to calculate it

1. What is a formula?

A formula is a mathematical expression that represents a relationship between different variables. It is used to calculate a specific value or solve a problem.

2. How do I create a formula?

To create a formula, you need to understand the variables involved and the relationship between them. You can use mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to create a formula. It is also important to use proper notation and follow the order of operations.

3. Can I use a formula for any type of calculation?

Yes, formulas can be used for a wide range of calculations in various fields, including mathematics, physics, chemistry, and economics. However, it is important to ensure that the formula is appropriate for the specific problem or scenario.

4. How do I know if my formula is correct?

You can test the accuracy of your formula by plugging in different values for the variables and comparing the results to the expected outcome. You can also use mathematical principles and logic to verify the formula.

5. Are there any tools or resources available to help me create a formula?

Yes, there are many online resources and software programs that can assist you in creating and solving formulas. Additionally, there are textbooks and tutorials available that provide guidance on creating and using formulas in different contexts.