I made a change regarding my career plans

In summary, the individual had doubts about pursuing a career in medicine and decided to explore biomedical engineering instead due to a preference for physics and math over chemistry and biology. They had questions about the amount of physics and math involved in the field, as well as the demand and financial rewards for such a job. After receiving some resources and feedback, they are now more interested in pursuing this career path. However, they also express concern about the job market for biomedical engineers in America.
O.J.
I made a change regarding my future plans...

I've thought about doing medicine for a long time now, but i had serious doubts and concerns as i wanted something with more physics and maths (more of problem solving and puzzles) than chemistry and biology (memorisation) so I am thinking of biomedical engineering.
but i still do have some questions: 1.) how much physics and maths is there in biomedical engineering?
2.) what's the demand on this kind of job and what's the average financial reward for such a job?

thank you

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
bump it up

I am very happy that you took a positive step toward pursuing your genuine interests. :approve:

thanx a lot specially to u rho. I am reading the syllabuses and it seems really intersting to me as it has lots of math (i hope i'll be studying calculus in these courses) and some physics too. i love the variety. just one more thing: what's the demand and ease of employment in these kinds of jobs? as well as financial rewards (just want to know hehe)?

and curious: thanks to you as your neutral feedback on medicinal career has broadened my view.

In America the situation for biomedical engineers is apparently not good. Schools are producing a lot of them and there are not a lot of positions in the biotech field that require a PhD most only require you to listen to the one PhD who works with you and be a chimpanzee. Good luck though.

then again that's how it is with most professions,,, at least in many eingineering fields

Related to I made a change regarding my career plans

1. How did you decide to make a change in your career plans?

I realized that my current career path was not fulfilling my passions and goals, and decided to explore other options that aligned better with my interests and values.

2. What steps did you take to make this change?

I conducted thorough research on different careers and industries, attended networking events, and sought advice from mentors and professionals in the fields I was interested in. I also updated my resume and started applying for relevant job opportunities.

3. Were there any challenges you faced during this career change?

Yes, there were challenges such as adjusting to a new work environment, learning new skills, and facing rejection during job applications. However, I remained determined and focused on my goals, and used these challenges as opportunities for growth.

4. How did you know that this new career path was the right fit for you?

Through my research and networking, I gained a better understanding of the job responsibilities, work culture, and potential for growth in the new career path. I also took into consideration my interests, strengths, and values, and found that this new path aligned well with them.

5. What advice do you have for others considering a career change?

It's important to take the time to reflect on your passions, strengths, and values, and research different career options that align with them. Seek advice from professionals and mentors, and be open to new opportunities and challenges. And most importantly, trust your instincts and don't be afraid to take the leap towards a more fulfilling career.