I hope this helps.Best graph software?

In summary, the conversation discusses different software options for plotting mathematical functions, specifically ones involving trigonometric functions and Fourier series. The speakers suggest using Maple, MATLAB, Sage, Maxima, or GNUPlot, with Maxima being a free and powerful option. A tutorial for using Maxima is also mentioned.
purejoker
Hi there,

Which is best graph software to plot the following functions?

2.5 + 10/Pi sin1/4.Pi.t

and

2.5 + 10/Pi ∑ 1/(2n-1) sin (2n-1)Pi.t/4

Limits for ∑ are: top = 20 bottom = n=1

I want to show the first 20 terms of this series.

I’m trying to show how Fourier series is made up off many trigonometric functions.

Can someone suggest a good program to use to plot these graphs?

Thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I've only used Maple and MATLAB, they are easy to use but expensive. I recently heard of Sage: http://www.sagemath.org/index.html

It's free and looks very powerful but I've never used it before.

Another free but powerful combination is the computer algebra system Maxima in combination with GNUPlot.

I second what slider142 wrote. Try using Maxima. A nice 10 minute tutorial can be found here.

Related to I hope this helps.Best graph software?

1. What is the best graph software for beginners?

The best graph software for beginners would depend on the specific needs and preferences of the user. Some popular options include Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and Canva. These programs offer user-friendly interfaces and a variety of graphing options.

2. How much does graph software typically cost?

The cost of graph software can vary greatly depending on the features and functionality offered. Some programs, such as Microsoft Excel, are included in the Microsoft Office suite and may be purchased as a bundle. Others, like Tableau, may have monthly or annual subscription fees.

3. Can graph software be used for data analysis?

Yes, many graph software programs have data analysis capabilities. They allow users to input data, manipulate it, and create visual representations through graphs and charts. Some programs also have advanced features like regression analysis and statistical modeling.

4. Is graph software compatible with other programs?

Most graph software programs are compatible with other programs, such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. This allows users to easily insert graphs and charts into presentations or documents. Some programs also have integrations with data analysis tools and databases.

5. Can graph software create custom graphs and charts?

Yes, many graph software programs offer a wide range of customization options for graphs and charts. Users can choose from different layouts, colors, fonts, and styles to create a unique visual representation of their data. Some programs also allow for the creation of interactive graphs for more engaging presentations.