I have this TI-30Xa calculator

• Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculator
In summary, the calculator is unreliable and the chair that the user is sitting in is also not very comfortable.
leroyjenkens
I have this TI-30Xa calculator that is one of the most unreliable things I own.

When I first got it, I took it out of the package and turned it on and messed with it and then put it down. I show up to school to use it on a test and it's not working.

When I get home I had figured out that maybe the battery needed to be charged, since it's a solar calculator. So I leave it on my desk for a while and later in the day, it works. It's worked ever since. I've used it off and on, but I've made sure to keep it in the light so that the battery stays charged.
Well today I tried to turn it on to do some homework and it's not working again. I haven't used it much at all, so there's no way the battery is drained from usage. What's going on with this thing? Is Texas Instruments just a bad brand, do I have a defective calculator, or do solar powered calculators just suck in general? Should I just buy a battery powered one? And what brand?

Oh and the chair that I'm sitting in sucks too. I have nunchucks wrapped around the bottom of this chair to prevent it from sinking because there's a leak in the air chamber. God, nothing in my life works.

Physics news on Phys.org

Maybe remove the batteries when you do not use the calculator for a while. Or buy better batteries :tongue2:

I just opened my calculator and took out one of the batteries and the battery had white powder on it, and some was in the hole where I took it out of. I blew on it and it all came out of the calculator itself, and I rubbed off the white powder from the battery itself, but the calculator still won't work. So I just have a bad battery? The other one was fine, but I'll just replace both of them.

If you do not use the batteries for a long time, they may go bad and damage your device. Watch out with those evil chemicals !

The battery is leaking powder,maybe a new pair work well.Smypathy you.

1. What are the basic functions of the TI-30Xa calculator?

The TI-30Xa calculator has basic functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. It also has exponential and logarithmic functions, trigonometric functions, and statistical functions.

2. How do I turn on the TI-30Xa calculator?

To turn on the TI-30Xa calculator, press the "ON" button located on the top left corner of the calculator. If the calculator does not turn on, check the batteries and make sure they are properly inserted.

3. Can I use the TI-30Xa calculator for advanced calculations?

Yes, the TI-30Xa calculator can perform advanced calculations such as solving equations, finding derivatives and integrals, and graphing functions. However, it may not have all the features of a graphing calculator.

4. How do I reset the TI-30Xa calculator?

To reset the TI-30Xa calculator, press the "2nd" button followed by the "CE/C" button. This will clear all previous calculations and reset the calculator to its default settings.

5. How do I change the display format on the TI-30Xa calculator?

To change the display format on the TI-30Xa calculator, press the "MODE" button and use the arrow keys to navigate to the desired format. Press "ENTER" to select the format and exit the menu.