Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hymn Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned

RTCNTC

Banned
Jan 31, 2017
I love hymns. I really enjoy these old songs and inspirational lyrics. Song writers today do not write the same way, they don't know how to be poetic. Each hymn has a story behind the lyrics and melody.

They call me the HYMN MAN. Believe it or not, I get criticized for listening to hymns. Yes, people make fun of me not only for liking math but for my interest in hymns. Sincerely, I cannot win with people.

Here is one of the stanzas of one of my favorite hymns Take Time To Be Holy written in 1882.

Take time to be holy, the world rushes on; Spend much time in secret, with Jesus alone. By looking to Jesus, like Him thou shalt be; Thy friends in thy conduct His likeness shall see.

Will*iam D. Long*staff, 1882.

Here is another stanza:

Take time to be holy, let Him be thy Guide; And run not before Him, whatever betide. In joy or in sorrow, still follow the Lord,
And, looking to Jesus, still trust in His Word.

Will*iam D. Long*staff, 1882.

MHB: What's wrong with liking hymns?

Wilmer

In Memoriam
Mar 19, 2012
Here we go again...praise da Lawd!!

tkhunny

MHB Math Helper
Jan 27, 2012
MHB: What's wrong with liking hymns?
Social Commentary Only: Nothing wrong with liking what you like. Trouble is, you cannot control the responses of others. it is unlikely you can like ANYTHING and have EVERYONE agree with you.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Closing this thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.