Hydrino and Inverse Quantum States

In summary, there is a theory called "Hydrino" that suggests the existence of a lower energy state of hydrogen. However, this theory is generally considered to be "high purity crackpottery" and lacks scientific evidence. Recently, there have been claims of a prototype power system generating 50,000 watts of thermal power, but this has not been independently verified and is being met with skepticism. Until there is solid evidence, it is advised to approach this topic with caution.
JohnSimpson
Hydrino and "Inverse Quantum States"

Stumbled upon this recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrino

Is there a general consensus about this? I found reference three (3) to make some interesting arguments, but I'm certainly not qualified to critique this.

Physics news on Phys.org

Mills's theories have been discussed here before.

I see they recently (May 28) claimed to have built "a prototype power system generating 50,000 watts of thermal power on demand." I would wait for independent verification and analysis of this before jumping on their bandwagon.

This is generally regarded as high purity crackpottery.

I am locking this until we have verified evidence of the claim. Claims that can be tested offer no useful discussion.

Related to Hydrino and Inverse Quantum States

1. What is a hydrino?

A hydrino is a hypothetical particle that was proposed by Randell Mills in the 1990s. It is a smaller and more stable version of a hydrogen atom, with the electron orbiting closer to the nucleus than in a typical hydrogen atom. This proposed particle has not been observed or proven to exist.

2. How is a hydrino formed?

According to the theory proposed by Randell Mills, a hydrino can be formed when an electron in a hydrogen atom falls to a lower energy level, resulting in a smaller orbit. This process releases energy, which can be harnessed for practical applications.

3. What is the significance of a hydrino?

If proven to exist, hydrinos could have significant implications for energy production and storage. The proposed energy released during the formation of a hydrino could potentially be harnessed and used as a more efficient and cleaner source of energy.

4. How does the concept of inverse quantum states relate to hydrinos?

Inverse quantum states refer to the state of an electron orbiting closer to the nucleus, which is what occurs in the formation of a hydrino. This concept is used to explain how the energy released during the formation of a hydrino can be harnessed.

5. Is there any evidence to support the existence of hydrinos?

There have been several experiments and studies conducted to test the existence of hydrinos, but no conclusive evidence has been found so far. The concept of hydrinos is still considered controversial and requires further research and verification before being accepted by the scientific community.