HP's New iPod Clone: Pricing and Capacity Revealed

• Thread starter cepheid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hand Tips
In summary, the HP ipod is a clone of the Apple music player and it is the same price. There is no reason to buy it from HP instead of Apple. The HP ipod is also sold at a variety of stores and is compatible with a variety of PC's.
cepheid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hewlett-Packard reveals the pricing and storage capacity for its clone of Apple's music player.
{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}

Computer science news on Phys.org
I wonder why archos players haven't caught on like ipods
they do so much more

According to the article, it's the same thing at the same price. So, what's the big deal? Is there a reason to buy it from HP intead of Apple or vice versa?

iriver mp3 player are where its at

As a tech geek and Ipod owner, I don't see any reason why I would buy the HP ipod instead of the Apple. They're pretty much the same.

The most likely reason for the HP ipod is that most people still think that Ipods only work with Macs and this will increase the popularity of Ipods with PC owners, and will also increase market for HP desktops to sync with their Ipods.

Moonbear said:
According to the article, it's the same thing at the same price. So, what's the big deal? Is there a reason to buy it from HP intead of Apple or vice versa?
The Professional hit it - its the name. Non-savy PC owners are more likely to buy one that has "HP" stamped on the case because they might assume an Apple one won't work with their PC.

I, on the other hand, own a Nomad Jukebox, which is bigger and costs less :biggrin:

russ_watters said:
The Professional hit it - its the name. Non-savy PC owners are more likely to buy one that has "HP" stamped on the case because they might assume an Apple one won't work with their PC.

I, on the other hand, own a Nomad Jukebox, which is bigger and costs less :biggrin:

Marketing power as well. HPs are sold from all the big stores like Best Buy, Future Shop, CompUSA, Circuit City, Radio Shack. They also sell HP iPods at Costcos now too.

Related to HP's New iPod Clone: Pricing and Capacity Revealed

What is the news about HP revealing new iPod information?

HP recently released a statement providing details about their upcoming partnership with Apple to release new iPods. This collaboration will allow HP to sell iPods with their own branding and pre-installed software.

What new features can we expect from the new iPods?

While specific details have not been confirmed, it is expected that the new iPods will have a larger screen, longer battery life, and potentially new colors and storage options.

When will the new iPods be available for purchase?

The release date for the new iPods has not been announced yet. However, it is speculated that they will be available sometime in the fall of this year.

How will this partnership between HP and Apple affect the current market for iPods?

This partnership is expected to have a positive impact on the market for iPods. With HP's wide reach in the computer market, it is likely that more people will be exposed to and purchase iPods.

Will the new iPods be compatible with HP's software and devices?

Yes, the new iPods will come with pre-installed HP software and will be compatible with HP devices such as printers and computers.