What do you guys think of the above mentioned screen movies?

In summary, the conversation is about upcoming sequels in the film industry, including X-men 2, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Terminator 3, Matrix: Reloaded, and Harry Potter. The speakers express their opinions and expectations for these movies, with some mentioning that they have seen or plan to see certain films. They also discuss the success and potential disappointments of these highly anticipated sequels.
devil5_advocate
What do you guys think? This is the year for sequels... X-men2, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Terminator 3, Matrix: Reloaded.

Wat do you guys think of the above mentioned screen movies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't seen any of those movies, but the Matrix is mentioned a lot in these forums and I'm thinking about trying to get my hands on a copy so as to find out what all the 'hoopla' is about.

i saw xmen 2 last night and was pleasantly surprised, like it was crap, but done really well. entertaining crap, I'm a sucker for special effects, and blue men called wagner with tails. i don't remember the first one being much but crap, and there certainly weren't enough blue men with tails.

i plan to see all of those metioned. I think the matrix may be a bit disapointing, just because the expectations are so high from all those matrix fans out there. including me.

Return of the King probably is the most likly to deliver the goods. The first two were well made movies, and since they were all shot at once there's really no reason to expect a drop off.

haven't seen Xmen2 yet. I expect it to be entertaining. the first one was. maybe there'll be more halle berry. no lines, just face time:wink:

x2 was pretty good, although I haven't seen the first. It did leave me wanting to have seen more of their tricks/mutations, or whatever.
The previews for Matrix Reloaded look badass! I can't wait to see that flick! As for TLOTR, I am sure it will also be pretty good, since the other two were pretty good.
Don't leave out Harry Potter, now!

1. What is your opinion on the above mentioned screen movies?

As a scientist, I aim to base my opinions on evidence and data. While I may have personal preferences, my opinion on the screen movies would be influenced by factors such as the plot, character development, and scientific accuracy portrayed in the films.

2. How do the screen movies compare to other horror films in terms of scientific accuracy?

It is important to note that horror films often prioritize entertainment over scientific accuracy. However, compared to other horror films, the screen movies are known for incorporating more realistic elements, such as the use of technology and psychology in creating fear.

3. Are there any aspects of the screen movies that are scientifically inaccurate?

While the screen movies may be praised for their use of technology and psychology, there are still some aspects that may be exaggerated or unrealistic. As with any work of fiction, it is important to remember that the screen movies are not meant to be completely scientifically accurate.

4. How have the screen movies influenced the horror genre from a scientific perspective?

The screen movies have been credited with revitalizing the horror genre in the 1990s and introducing new elements, such as the use of technology, into the genre. From a scientific perspective, the screen movies have also brought attention to topics such as forensic science and psychology, which have become popular themes in horror films.

5. Do you think the screen movies accurately portray the use of technology in creating fear?

As a scientist, I cannot definitively say whether the screen movies accurately portray the use of technology in creating fear. While the use of technology may contribute to the fear factor in the films, it is important to remember that fear is a complex emotion influenced by many factors. The screen movies may offer one perspective on the use of technology in creating fear, but it may not be representative of all experiences.