How useful is this software? Our company is deciding on purchasing a

In summary, the individuals are discussing the usefulness of a software called Advanced Design System (ADS) for RF design. One person has personal experience using it for RF design and finds it useful, while the other is curious about its other features despite hearing negative comments about its GUI. They also mention a link to the product's website where more information can be found.
HD555
How useful is this software? Our company is deciding on purchasing a few licenses for this product. Any personal experiences? I hear the GUI is terrible, however I'm curious about the other features. I've looked through the documentation, it doesn't seem bad.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
HD555 said:
How useful is this software? Our company is deciding on purchasing a few licenses for this product. Any personal experiences? I hear the GUI is terrible, however I'm curious about the other features. I've looked through the documentation, it doesn't seem bad.
Which software?!
What about a link?

It's pretty useful for RF design. I use it mainly for that. I've just started using it like I would for SPICE.

FernBarc said:
Which software?!
What about a link?

Yeah, confused me pretty good as well. Looks like the title of the thread (minus capitalization...) is the name of the software:

http://eesof.tm.agilent.com/products/ads_main.html

Agilent said:
ADS -- Advanced Design System is a powerful electronic design automation software system. It offers complete design integration to designers of products such as cellular and portable phones, pagers, wireless networks, radar and satellite communications systems, and high-speed digital serial links.

Related to How useful is this software? Our company is deciding on purchasing a

1. How reliable is the software?

The reliability of a software depends on various factors such as the coding, testing, and maintenance processes. It is important to research the company and their track record with previous software releases to determine the reliability of the software.

2. What features does the software offer?

The features of a software can vary depending on its purpose. It is important to identify the specific needs of your company and then compare them to the features offered by the software. This will help determine how useful the software will be for your company.

3. How user-friendly is the software?

User-friendliness is an essential factor to consider when evaluating the usefulness of software. A software that is intuitive and easy to navigate will save time and increase productivity for your company. It is recommended to request a demo or trial version to test the user-friendliness of the software.

4. Is the software compatible with our current systems?

Compatibility is crucial when considering a new software for your company. It is important to determine if the software is compatible with your current systems and if any additional hardware or software will be required. This will ensure a smooth integration process and minimize any potential issues.

5. How is the customer support for the software?

It is important to know the level of customer support provided by the software company. In case of any technical issues or questions, a reliable customer support team can save time and frustration. It is recommended to research reviews and testimonials from other users to get an idea of the quality of customer support provided.