How to write multiple .tsv files

In summary, a .tsv file is a plain text file used for storing and organizing data, with each column separated by a tab character. To write multiple .tsv files, you can use a programming language or a spreadsheet program. Any type of data can be stored in a .tsv file, and it can be edited after creation. One advantage of using .tsv files is their human-readable format and versatility for sharing data between programs and operating systems.
junhui.liao
Hi, guys,

I have to read from a big txt file into multiple small .tsv files.
But I was blocked at the file name. Since according to the
definition of ofstream, the filename is constant char *, then
is no way to modify the filename, which results in unable to
write multiple files.

Does anybody has any idea on this ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Best !

Junhui

Technology news on Phys.org
my code in C++, sorry for the missing.
If there is any solution based on ROOT,
it's good also.

Related to How to write multiple .tsv files

What is a .tsv file?

A .tsv file, or Tab-Separated Values file, is a type of plain text file that is commonly used for storing and organizing data. It consists of rows and columns, with each column separated by a tab character.

How do I write multiple .tsv files?

To write multiple .tsv files, you can use a programming language such as Python or R, which have libraries and functions specifically designed for handling tabular data. These languages allow you to read in data from various sources, manipulate it, and then write it out to multiple .tsv files. Alternatively, you can use a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, which have options for exporting data as .tsv files.

What types of data can be stored in a .tsv file?

Any type of data that can be represented in a table format can be stored in a .tsv file. This includes numerical data, text data, and even images or other media files. As long as the data can be organized into rows and columns, it can be stored in a .tsv file.

Can I edit a .tsv file after it has been created?

Yes, you can edit a .tsv file after it has been created. Many text editors and spreadsheet programs allow you to open and modify .tsv files. Just be sure to save your changes in the correct format to avoid any formatting errors.

Are there any advantages to using .tsv files over other file formats?

One advantage of using .tsv files is that they are human-readable, meaning they can be easily opened and understood by anyone with a basic understanding of tabular data. They are also commonly used for sharing data between different programs and operating systems, making them a versatile and accessible file format.