How to view the current running connections to

Some spyware uses connections to transmit information, so it is possible that they may show up in the net state function.In summary, to view the current running connections on your PC, you can use the "netstat" command in the command prompt. Another option is to use a firewall program with a "Net State" function, such as Armor2net Personal Firewall. Keep in mind that while this function may show some types of spyware, it may not detect all types of spyware that use connections to transmit information.
kevinly
How to view the current running connections to...

Hi All! I need some help. I want to view the current running connections of my pc, so how?
Thanks a lot!

Computer science news on Phys.org
using "netstat" from the command prompt is a good alternative at least if you're using XP (just open the prompt [cmd.exe] and type netstat to get going):

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/netstat.mspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, try Armor2net Personal Firewall. It has a "Net State" function which can show the currently active connections and the details of these connections, including Remote Address/Port, Local Application/Port, Protocol and Status. You can download this firewall from http://www.armor2net.com.
I use it and like it. Hope this helps also!

would this function also show up any spyware that is currently running in your pc?

z4955, it depends on the type of spyware.

Related to How to view the current running connections to

1. How do I view the current running connections to my device?

To view the current running connections to your device, you can use the command "netstat" in the command prompt or terminal. This will display a list of all active connections on your device, including the IP addresses and ports they are connected to.

2. Can I see the specific programs or applications that are using these connections?

Yes, you can use the "netstat -b" command to view the specific programs or applications that are using the current connections on your device. This will also display the process ID (PID) of each program or application.

3. Is there a way to view the amount of data being transmitted through each connection?

Yes, you can use the "netstat -e" command to view the amount of data being transmitted through each connection. This will display the total number of bytes sent and received for each connection.

4. Can I filter the results to only show connections to a specific IP address or port?

Yes, you can use the "netstat -n" command to filter the results and only show connections to a specific IP address or port. For example, "netstat -n | find "192.168.1.1" will only display connections to the IP address 192.168.1.1.

5. Is there a way to continuously monitor the running connections?

Yes, you can use the "netstat -c" command to continuously monitor the running connections on your device. This will display an updated list of connections every few seconds, allowing you to see any changes in real-time.