How to view Matlab Demo's using Firefox

In summary, the conversation revolves around viewing Matlab demos in the Firefox browser. The speaker mentions that they can use Internet Explorer but prefer Firefox, and they believe they need to set a new protocol in Firefox. They also mention having trouble viewing Windows Media plug-in content and provide a link to a forum with a potential solution.
RadiationX
Does anyone know how I can view Matlab demo's in my firfox browser?
I can use Internet Exploret,but firfox is my desired browser. I believe that I need to set a new protocol in firefox but I don't know how to do it.
Anyone have any Ideas or having a similar problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
I have not been able to view anything that requires the Windows Media plug-in with the latest version of Firefox. It says to manually install the plug-in. I re-installed the latest version of Media Player but still won't play video files.
I found a mozilla forum that tells how to fix it but have not tried it yet.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213"

Last edited by a moderator:

There are a few steps you can follow to view Matlab demos in Firefox:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Firefox installed on your computer.

2. Open Firefox and go to the Firefox menu (the three horizontal lines in the top right corner).

3. Click on "Options" and then select "Applications" from the left menu.

4. In the search bar, type "matlab" and press Enter.

5. You should see a list of options for the "matlab" protocol. Look for "MATLAB Demo" and click on the dropdown menu next to it.

6. Select "Use other..." and then click on "Browse".

7. Navigate to your Matlab installation folder and select the "matlab.exe" file.

8. Click on "Open" and then "OK".

9. Now, when you click on a Matlab demo link, it should open in Firefox.

If you are still having trouble, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and restarting Firefox. If the issue persists, you may need to contact Matlab support for further assistance.

Related to How to view Matlab Demo's using Firefox

1. How do I open Matlab demos in Firefox?

To open Matlab demos in Firefox, you need to first download and install the Matlab Web Connector plugin from the Matlab website. Once installed, restart Firefox and navigate to the demo you want to view. Click on the "Open in Matlab" button and the demo will open in your Matlab software.

2. Can I view Matlab demos in Firefox without downloading the plugin?

No, the Matlab Web Connector plugin is necessary to view Matlab demos in Firefox. Without the plugin, the demos cannot be accessed from the browser.

3. Can I view Matlab demos in Firefox on any operating system?

Yes, the Matlab Web Connector plugin is compatible with all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.

4. How do I know if the Matlab Web Connector plugin is successfully installed?

After installing the plugin, you can check if it is successfully installed by going to "Tools" in the Firefox menu and selecting "Add-ons". The Matlab Web Connector plugin should be listed under "Plugins".

5. Are there any alternatives to viewing Matlab demos in Firefox?

Yes, you can also view Matlab demos in other browsers such as Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. However, the Matlab Web Connector plugin is still necessary for these browsers as well.