How to Solve Trigonometry Exercises with Unknown Information

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker seeking advice on how to solve trigonometry exercises involving finding the length of squares given other side lengths. They are not looking for the answers, but rather guidance on what to study.
kiyoshi7
Hi, I'm trying to start studying trig. again and I found some types of exercises that i have no idea how to solve can someone point me in the right direction? Sorry for the image size.

In the first one I'm supposed to find the length of the smallest square knowing that the other two are 6 cm and 9 cm
attachment.php?attachmentid=61217&d=1377732898.jpg

the second I need to find the size of the square. the Hypot. is 2cm, x (side of the square) and 8cm I'm not given any other info.
attachment.php?attachmentid=61218&d=1377732898.jpg

I'm not looking for an answer to these questions but orientation on what to study.

thanks for your attention.

Physics news on Phys.org
please write a descriptive title and use the template

Related to How to Solve Trigonometry Exercises with Unknown Information

1. What is trigonometry?

Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of triangles and the relationships between their sides and angles.

2. Why is studying trigonometry important?

Trigonometry is important because it has many real-world applications, such as in architecture, engineering, physics, and navigation. It is also a fundamental building block for higher levels of math, such as calculus.

3. What are the basic concepts of trigonometry?

The basic concepts of trigonometry include angles, radians, right triangles, trigonometric functions (sine, cosine, tangent), and the Pythagorean theorem.

4. How do I start studying trigonometry?

To start studying trigonometry, it is important to have a strong foundation in basic math skills such as algebra and geometry. It is also helpful to have a good understanding of basic trigonometric functions and their properties.

5. What are some tips for mastering trigonometry?

Some tips for mastering trigonometry include practicing regularly, understanding the basic concepts and formulas, using visual aids such as diagrams and graphs, and seeking help from a teacher or tutor when needed.