How to Solve Equilibrium Problems in Homework?

In summary, a force is a push or pull that can cause an object to accelerate or change its state of motion. There are two types of forces: contact forces, such as friction and normal force, and non-contact forces, such as gravity and electromagnetic force. Equilibrium occurs when the net force on an object is zero, meaning it is at rest or moving at a constant velocity. To calculate net force, you must add up all the forces acting on an object, taking into account their direction and magnitude. If the net force is zero, the object is in equilibrium. Newton's First Law of Motion, also known as the Law of Inertia, states that an object will remain at rest or in motion with constant velocity unless acted upon
greyshrop
I can't finish the last problems on my homework. I asked my teacher and he wouldn't help me, can someone please help me? I'm so confused!

Physics news on Phys.org
These are the problems

Attachments

• IMG_20140209_222430_503.jpg
    IMG_20140209_222430_503.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_20140209_222454_536.jpg
    IMG_20140209_222454_536.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_20140209_222503_857.jpg
    IMG_20140209_222503_857.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 373
Hello greshrop. I suggest you should follow the guidelines here on posting anything related to your homework...
On the pictures you've given it says equilibrium or at rest.. So Summation of Forces will be zero.. Get the summation of Forces Along y and Summation of Forces Along x... sum it to zero.

Related to How to Solve Equilibrium Problems in Homework?

What is a force?

A force is a push or a pull that can cause an object to accelerate or change its state of motion.

What are the types of forces?

The types of forces include contact forces (such as friction and normal force) and non-contact forces (such as gravity and electromagnetic force).

What is equilibrium?

Equilibrium occurs when the net force acting on an object is zero, meaning the object is either at rest or moving at a constant velocity.

How do you calculate net force?

To calculate net force, you must add up all the forces acting on an object, taking into account their direction and magnitude. If the net force is zero, the object is in equilibrium.

What is Newton's First Law of Motion?

Newton's First Law of Motion, also known as the Law of Inertia, states that an object will remain at rest or in motion with constant velocity unless acted upon by a net external force.