How to Solve an Economics Equation in Maple with Variable Dependencies?

In summary, the individual is seeking help with a complicated equation in an economics paper they were reading. They are struggling to solve it in Maple and are looking for suggestions. The problem lies with defining D to be dependent on Y rather than a constant. They are hoping a Maple expert can provide assistance.
webbster
Hey everyone,

I have a problem to compute an equation i just read in an economics paper that was on my reading list. I simply cannot compute it in Maple and I have no further idea how to grasp it. Any suggestions are HIGHLY appreciated ;)

http://21coe-glope.com/paper/21COE_WP3.pdf

The problematic forumla is (3) on page 7. But instead of defining D to be a constant, i want D to be dependent on Y. For simplicity take D==Y...
I now want to solve this for X** as in equation (4).

Hope any Maple pro is able to help me.

thank you guy in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
nobody got any idea?

=(

Far too complicated to be the first thing you do in Maple...
Spend a few weeks doing simpler things first.

jeah, but that does not really solve my problem ;)

if it was so easy that i would be able to solve it, i wouldn't be posting here ;)

Hello,

I understand that you are having difficulty computing an economics equation in Maple and you are seeking help. I would suggest reaching out to a colleague or professor who is familiar with both economics and Maple, as they may be able to offer guidance and assistance. Additionally, you may want to consult online tutorials or forums specifically for using Maple in economics equations. It may also be helpful to break down the equation and try solving it step by step. Good luck!

Related to How to Solve an Economics Equation in Maple with Variable Dependencies?

1. What is the purpose of the "Help Needed: Solving Economics Equation in Maple" project?

The purpose of this project is to find a solution to a specific economics equation using the Maple software. This equation may be related to a real-world economic problem or a theoretical one, and the goal is to use Maple's computational power to solve it and provide insights into the problem.

2. Why is Maple used for solving economics equations?

Maple is a powerful computational software that is widely used in various fields, including economics. It has a user-friendly interface and a wide range of mathematical and statistical functions that make it an ideal tool for solving complex economics equations. It also allows for visualizations of the results, which can aid in understanding the solution.

3. Can I contribute to the "Help Needed: Solving Economics Equation in Maple" project?

Yes, anyone with knowledge and experience in Maple and economics can contribute to this project. You can provide solutions to the posted equations, suggest improvements to existing solutions, or even post new equations for others to solve. Your contributions will help expand the knowledge base and provide a collaborative learning environment for others.

4. Do I need to have previous experience with Maple to participate in this project?

While having previous experience with Maple can be helpful, it is not a requirement for participating in this project. The project's goal is to learn and solve economics equations using Maple, so even if you are new to the software, you can still contribute and learn along the way.

5. How can I get started with the "Help Needed: Solving Economics Equation in Maple" project?

To get started, you can browse the posted equations and their solutions, or post your own economics equation for others to solve. You can also join online forums or discussion groups related to this project to connect with other contributors and exchange ideas. Additionally, there are various online resources and tutorials available to help you learn Maple and its capabilities.