How to see ON/OFF status by using SCT-013 via Raspberry Pi?

In summary, the conversation discusses a project for online monitoring of a machine using a non-invasive current sensor and Raspberry Pi. The person is having trouble with the current sensor giving both ON and OFF readings when the machine is actually working. They are seeking help and clarification on their circuit and observations.
Coskun
Hello,

I'm trying to make a project and I have a trouble. The project is 'online monitoring of machine'. I will show ON if machine works and OFF if machine does not work. And the rule is: I can not effect machine by my circuit. So it looks so simple. I bought SCT-013 non-invasive current sensor and connected it to the Raspberry Pi over MCP3008 ADC. When I run the program I see ON and OFF both even machine works. I just need ON or OFF according to machine status. I checked the signal from SCT-013 by oscilloscop and the signal is like below here. If you guys have ideas please share with me.

Best Regards.
Coskun.

Attachments

• current.png
    current.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 695
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

I do not think you will get helpful answers unless you state your question better. What does your circuit look like? What do you observe? What do you expect to observe?

+1

The time axis isn't labelled. It appears to show the machine coming ON four times. Is that correct?

Related to How to see ON/OFF status by using SCT-013 via Raspberry Pi?

1. How do I connect the SCT-013 sensor to the Raspberry Pi?

To connect the SCT-013 sensor to the Raspberry Pi, you will need to use the analog input pins on the Pi. Connect the sensor's output to an analog input pin on the Pi, and also connect the sensor's ground pin to a ground pin on the Pi.

2. How do I read the ON/OFF status from the SCT-013 sensor?

To read the ON/OFF status from the SCT-013 sensor, you will need to use a programming language like Python to write a script that reads the analog input values from the sensor. You can then set a threshold value to determine whether the status is ON or OFF based on the input value.

3. What is the accuracy of the ON/OFF status readings from the SCT-013 sensor?

The accuracy of the ON/OFF status readings from the SCT-013 sensor will depend on the programming and calibration of the threshold value. This can be improved by using a more precise sensor or by implementing a more sophisticated algorithm for determining the status.

4. Can I use the SCT-013 sensor to detect other electrical devices besides ON/OFF status?

Yes, the SCT-013 sensor can also be used to measure current and power consumption of electrical devices. However, the ON/OFF status will need to be determined based on the readings of these measurements.

5. Can I use multiple SCT-013 sensors with one Raspberry Pi?

Yes, you can use multiple SCT-013 sensors with one Raspberry Pi as long as you have enough analog input pins on the Pi. Each sensor will need to be connected to a separate input pin, and the code will need to be modified to read and process the readings from each sensor separately.