How to screencast a computer game?

In summary, to record a screencast of a game, you will need to use a screen recording software such as OBS, Bandicam, or Fraps. The recommended settings for recording include 1080p resolution, high frame rate (60fps), and closing unnecessary programs to ensure smooth recording. You can also improve the quality by adjusting video settings and adding commentary or voiceover through a microphone. After recording, you can edit and share your screencast using video editing software and hosting platforms like YouTube or Vimeo.
Simfish
Gold Member
So I want to screencast something along the lines of . I'm using CamStudio. The problem is that the resulting video fades into black and fades out of it A LOT, resulting in (a) eyestrain and (b) an incomplete video. Can anyone suggest any solutions such that I could screencast such a video?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Okay, nvm,I found ZD Soft Game Recorder.

Last edited:

Screencasting a computer game can be a fun and engaging way to share your gaming experience with others. However, it can be frustrating when the resulting video has issues such as constant black fading and incomplete footage. Here are a few tips to help improve your screencasting process:

1. Check your recording settings: Make sure your recording software, in this case CamStudio, is set to record at the highest quality possible. This will help prevent any issues with the video quality.

2. Adjust your game settings: Sometimes, the issue may be with the game itself. Try adjusting the graphics and resolution settings to see if that improves the video output.

3. Record in a well-lit room: Poor lighting can also affect the quality of your screencast. Make sure you are in a well-lit room or use external lighting sources to improve the visibility of the game on your screen.

4. Use a screen capture software: Instead of using a recording software like CamStudio, try using a screen capture software like OBS or Bandicam. These programs are specifically designed for recording gameplay and may provide better results.

5. Edit your video: If you are still experiencing issues with the video quality, you can try editing the footage using video editing software. This will allow you to cut out any parts with black fading and create a more polished final product.

By following these tips, you should be able to improve the quality of your screencasted computer game and create a more enjoyable viewing experience for your audience. Good luck!

Related to How to screencast a computer game?

1. How do I record my computer screen to make a screencast of a game?

To record your computer screen and create a screencast of a game, you will need to use a screen recording software such as OBS, Bandicam, or Fraps. These programs allow you to select the area of your screen you want to capture and record it as a video file.

2. What settings should I use when recording a screencast of a game?

The exact settings you should use will depend on your computer's specifications and the game you are recording. However, some general guidelines include recording in 1080p resolution, using a high frame rate (60fps), and turning off any background programs or notifications that may interfere with the recording.

3. How can I improve the quality of my screencast recording?

To improve the quality of your screencast recording, you can try adjusting the video settings in your screen recording software, such as increasing the bitrate or changing the video codec. You can also make sure that your computer is running smoothly by closing any unnecessary programs and freeing up memory.

4. Can I add commentary or voiceover to my screencast recording?

Yes, most screen recording software allows you to add a commentary or voiceover to your recording. This can be done through a microphone connected to your computer or by using the built-in microphone on your computer if it has one. Make sure to do a test recording and adjust the audio levels before starting your screencast.

5. How do I edit and share my screencast recording?

Once you have finished recording your screencast, you can use video editing software such as Adobe Premiere or iMovie to edit and enhance the recording. You can also add music, captions, or other effects to make your screencast more engaging. After editing, you can share your screencast on video hosting platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo to easily share it with others.