How to put an image into a post....

• Thread starter PSRB191921
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about how to upload an image on a post, particularly a .bmp image. The suggestion is to use the UPLOAD button, but it only allows certain file types like PDF and JPG. When trying to upload a JPG, the message "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension" appears. The conversation also discusses trying to upload from a mobile app or from a laptop/PC, and using different browsers and operating systems.
PSRB191921
HI
Sorry for this basic question but how to put an image (.bmp) on a post ?
Thanks
PSR

Physics news on Phys.org
Try the UPLOAD button in the lower right? Only certain file types can be uploaded (like PDF, JPG, etc.)

Thanks,
I tried with a jpg and I have "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension." any suggestions ?

100_0477.JPG
100_0477.JPG

Works for me...

Strange ...

Can you try a PDF?

Yes,
Same message ...

Are you maybe using the Mobile App? I think it has some limitations, but I'm not sure about UPLOADs.

If so, can you try it from a laptop or PC? If you are already on a laptop or PC, what browser and OS are you using?

Likes PSRB191921
Yes,
I am on an android system. I will try with a PC

ok you are right it works on PC !

pfXY3D.jpg

Likes berkeman
I copied the PF logo from above into my clipboard
logo.png
, then pasted it.
[Chrome on Windows 10]

Likes OCR
I copied your post and the start of my post, with the Windows Snipping Tool, and pasted it... :oldwink: [COLOR=#black]..[/COLOR] :oldsmile:
[Firefox 54.0.1 on Windows 10 Version 1703]

Lol... then, I edited after I posted... now they're not the same... :blushing:

upload_2017-8-3_0-23-39.png

Last edited:
logo.png

Ah! OK, I see how you did that... :thumbup:

Yes it works but with a windows OS ...
Try with an android OSo0)

Related to How to put an image into a post....

1. How do I insert an image into a post?

To insert an image into a post, you can use the "img" tag in HTML and specify the source of the image using the "src" attribute. You can also use the "alt" attribute to provide a description of the image for accessibility purposes.

2. Can I resize the image in my post?

Yes, you can resize an image in your post by specifying the width and/or height using the "width" and "height" attributes in the "img" tag. You can also use CSS to further customize the size and appearance of the image.

3. How do I align the image in my post?

To align an image in your post, you can use the "align" attribute in the "img" tag and specify whether you want the image to align to the left, right, or center of the post. You can also use CSS to further customize the alignment of the image.

4. Can I add a caption to my image?

Yes, you can add a caption to your image by wrapping the "img" tag with the "figure" tag and using the "figcaption" tag to specify the caption text. You can also use CSS to style the caption and position it below or beside the image.

5. How do I add a clickable link to my image?

To add a clickable link to your image, you can wrap the "img" tag with the "a" tag and specify the URL you want to link to using the "href" attribute. This will turn your image into a clickable link that will take the user to the specified URL when clicked.