How to manage Watched Threads

• Thread starter Vibhor
  • Start date
In summary, to add a new thread to your watched threads list, simply click on the "Watch Thread" button on the thread page. You can also remove a thread from your watched threads list by clicking on the "Unwatch Thread" button or managing your watched threads in your profile settings. There is no limit to the number of threads you can watch, but it is recommended to only watch relevant threads. You can receive notifications for new posts on watched threads and organize your list by creating folders in your profile settings.
Vibhor
Before the recent up gradation in PF ,the subscribed threads could be managed in various sub-folders . In PF 4.0 I find all the subscribed threads under one heading "Watched Threads" .

Is it possible to save these threads under sub folders just like we did in previously i.e relevant threads in one folder ? If yes, Please let me know how I may do so .

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. Maybe it will be added in the future.

Related to How to manage Watched Threads

1. How do I add a new thread to my watched threads list?

To add a new thread to your watched threads list, simply navigate to the thread you want to add and click on the "Watch Thread" button. This will automatically add the thread to your watched threads list.

2. Can I remove a thread from my watched threads list?

Yes, you can remove a thread from your watched threads list by clicking on the "Unwatch Thread" button on the thread page or by going to your profile settings and managing your watched threads from there.

3. How many threads can I watch at once?

There is no limit to the number of threads you can watch at once. However, we recommend only watching threads that are relevant to your research or interests to avoid overwhelming your watched threads list.

4. Can I receive notifications for new posts on watched threads?

Yes, you can choose to receive notifications for new posts on your watched threads. You can manage your notification settings in your profile or directly on the thread page by clicking on the "Watch Thread" button and selecting your preferred notification settings.

5. How can I organize my watched threads list?

You can organize your watched threads list by creating folders and categorizing your watched threads accordingly. This can be done in your profile settings by clicking on the "Manage Watched Threads" option and selecting the "Create Folder" button. You can then move your watched threads into the desired folder.