How to make/find USB Bracelet with programmable buttons?

• Thread starter LongApple
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Usb
In summary, the keystrokes can't be accessed easily and the pen is only able to do a few things. It would be helpful to have a USB bracelet that would let you program certain buttons to it. There might be a way to attach a keypad to yourself that is smarter than duct taping a USB programmable keypad to your leg.
LongApple
I put my lenovo laptop into yoga mode.

Can't access the keys very easily, especially shortcuts that require two buttons to be pressed at the same time.

I've programmed my wacom pen to do a few things but that is only 3 buttons.

Is there a USB bracelet that will let you program certain buttons to it?

I feel like something like that should not be difficult to build on my own or have someone build at cost. What would I need to get started?

Engineering news on Phys.org
How do I edit my post?

Or something like a wearable leg keypad that can be turned off and on with a switch.

Here's a start of what would be great

scrolling through tabs or windows fast
Ctrl z
windows D
Open onenote
Open pdf annotator
windows key left (to shift a window left)
windows key right

http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/
Funniest name I have heard

So if I don't want to learn scripts, what would be the next steps to get these kind of shortcuts?

BTW, I am still curious if anyone has any ideas for the arm/leg bracelet idea. Physical buttons are preferable still.
Something more elegant than duct taping a USB programmable keypad to your leg. Is there a smarter way to attach a keypad to yourself?

Here are some example scripts in autohotkey
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm
(someone's introduction)

Here's someone video on StrokesPlus

It can be one line to send a set of keystrokes...
or something larger to do something more elaborate (like click a sequence of GUI buttons on an application)

By the way, one can also pair a Wii controller though bluetooth and have it trigger (say) an autohotkey script.

Related to How to make/find USB Bracelet with programmable buttons?

1. How do I make a USB bracelet with programmable buttons?

To make a USB bracelet with programmable buttons, you will need a USB flash drive, a bracelet with buttons, and a programming software. First, insert the USB flash drive into your computer and open the programming software. Then, follow the instructions provided by the software to program the buttons on the bracelet. Once the buttons are programmed, insert the flash drive into the bracelet and secure it in place. Your USB bracelet with programmable buttons is now ready to use!

2. What materials do I need to make a USB bracelet with programmable buttons?

You will need a USB flash drive, a bracelet with buttons, and a programming software to make a USB bracelet with programmable buttons. The specific materials may vary depending on the type of bracelet and software you choose to use.

3. Can I use any type of USB flash drive for a USB bracelet with programmable buttons?

Yes, you can use any type of USB flash drive for a USB bracelet with programmable buttons as long as it is compatible with your computer and the programming software you are using.

4. Is programming the buttons on the bracelet difficult?

This may vary depending on the programming software you use, but most programs have user-friendly interfaces that make programming the buttons on the bracelet relatively simple and straightforward.

5. Can I reprogram the buttons on my USB bracelet?

Yes, most programming software allows you to reprogram the buttons on your USB bracelet as many times as you'd like. This allows for customization and updates to the functions of the buttons.